You have no items in your shopping cart.
Emile Henry Cloche Bread Oven for Baking Artisan Breads at Home
Make professional level artisan breads with the Emile Henry Cloche Bread Oven. This glazed, burgundy clay bread oven is designed to work like a brick oven that you can use in the convenience of your home kitchen. The bread oven works by trapping moisture from bread dough. The moisture then turns to steam, keeping the bread dough moist during baking. Once the moisture evaporates the loaf develops a crisp, thin crust. The Emile Henry bread oven is suitable for use in convection and conventional ovens, broilers and charcoal, gas and wood grills. You can also use the bread ovens base as a pizza stone making pizzas and flat breads in the oven or on the grill. The domed bread oven also works great for proofing your bread dough in before baking.
Emile Henry Bread Cloche Features:
- Shape mimics a traditional bread oven
- 11 Inch diameter
- Produces bread with an airy crumb and a crisp, evenly browned crust
- Use for Artisan breads, pizzas, and flat-breads
- Made from local clay in Burgundy, France
- Burgundy clay is unsurpassed for conducting and retaining heat
- Extremely hard glaze - resistant to scratching
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe to 500°F
- Can be used in the oven or on the grill
- Safe for use in convection and conventional ovens, broilers and charcoal, gas and wood grills
- Not intended for stove-top use
- Guaranteed for 10 years against any defects
- Recipe and Instruction booklet included
- Made in France
Basic White Bread Recipe
Yield: 1 Large Round Loaf
• 2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
• 2 ½ teaspoons fine sea salt
• 1 ½ cups (12 fluid ounces) warm water, 90°F - 100°F
• 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 4 ½ cups (1 ¼ pounds) unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1 Tablespoon sugar
1.Dissolve the yeast in the water. Add the flour, sea salt, butter and sugar. Stir until the flour is just moistened. Knead by hand or in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the dough hook until the dough is smooth and silky, about 5 minutes.
2.Form the dough into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover tightly and let the dough ferment and rise until doubled in bulk, from 1 ½ to 3 hours, longer in very cold weather.
3.Scrape the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Form it into a tight ball.
4.Lightly sprinkle the bread cloche base with some flour. Place the dough in the center of the base. Cover with the cloche and let the dough proof and rise until expanded 1 ½ times in size, from 30 to 45 minutes.
5.Sift more flour on the top of the dough if desired. Using a serrated knife, make three parallel cuts on the surface of the dough.
6.Cover and bake in a preheated 450°F oven until well risen and golden brown, approximately 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the cover and continue baking, if desired, until the loaf is well browned and the crust thickens.
7.Cool the bread on a wire rack.
Tip: For a more uniform shape, in Step 4 allow the dough to rise in a cloth-lined bowl. Line a medium-sized bowl with a clean dish towel. Sprinkle it with some flour then place the dough into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it proof as above. When fully proofed, lightly sprinkle the base with some flour. Place the dough in the center of the platter. Proceed with Step 5
Questions on Emile Henry Bread Cloche Oven
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
Login to add review
Buy this product to add review
- Additional Information
Name Emile Henry Bread Cloche Oven Color Red Size 11" Material Ceramic Type Bread and Loaf Pans Brands Emile Henry Home or Commercial Home Country of Manufacture France Description Author Rebecca Christus Weight (in Lbs) 6.0000