You have no items in your shopping cart.
New England CheeseMaking - Goat Cheese Cultures
Make yummy Chevre (Goat Cheese) at home with New England CheeseMaking Company's Goat Cheese Cultures. One packag of these goat cheese cultures can be used to turn 1 gallon of goats milk into approximately 2 pounds of goat cheese. It is recommended that you use a local goat's milk that is not ultra-pasteurized.
To make the goat cheese it is recommended that you heat 1 gallon of goat milk to 86ºF. Then add in 1 packet of goat cheese culture to your milk and let rehydrate for 1-3 minutes. Stir into milk and let set for 6-12 hours. Drain goat cheese using Butter Muslin for 6 hours and refrigerate for up to a week.
Goat Cheese Culture Features:
- Pack of 5 Goat Cheese cultures
- Make using skim or whole milk
- 1 packet sets 1 gallon of milk and makes approx. 2 pounds of cheese
- Keep goat cheese culture packages in the freezer, will last up to 2 years
Goat Cheese Culture Contain:
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. biovar diacetylactis
- Microbial coagulant enzyme
Questions on New England CheeseMaking Supplies - Chevre (Goat Cheese) Culture 5 Pack
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Name New England CheeseMaking Supplies - Chevre (Goat Cheese) Culture 5 Pack Color White Quantity Included 5 Type Cheese Making Supplies Brands New England Cheesemaking Home or Commercial Home Country of Manufacture United States Manufacturer's Warranty N/A Weight (in Lbs) 0.7000