You have no items in your shopping cart.
Riedel Key to Wine Tasting Set
Riedel 7414/55 Key to Wine Tasting Set
Riedel 7414/55 Key to Wine Tasting Five Glass Set
The Riedel 7414/55 Key to Wine tasting set allows you to find the right glass to enhance your wine enjoyment. You will need a grape specific bottle of wine of your choice. You will need to make sure you don’t over-chill white wines that should be served at about 50 degrees. Red wines should be served below room temperature at about 62 degrees. Every grape varietal has a distinct flavor conveyed by texture, aroma, and flavor. The flavor of your wine can be influenced by three variables, size, shape, and rim diameter of the wine glass. The exact same wine can alter quality and intensity just by changing the shape of your glass. First you need to observe the shape of your glass and appearance of your wine. Appearance allows you to determine whether the wine is a red or white varietal. Molecule size and weight determine the wine’s primary and secondary aromas, and when sipping the same wine from different shaped glasses, you will be surprised how mouth feel and texture is manipulated by the glass shape. Our taste receptors pick up on sweet, sour, salty, or bitter. These translate wine to fruit, acidity, mineral, and bitter components, Each flavor creates an emotional flavor picture on the palate. The correct glass shape highlights the fruit and displays flavor contributors in an equally balanced way.
How to use your Riedel Key to Wine Tasting Set Features:
• Use one wine and pour 2oz per glass but do not over pour.
• Smell each glass first, starting with the glass appropriate to the varietal you have chosen. Concentrate on aroma intensity and quality - determine the difference and judge which aroma pleases you the most.
• Now taste the wine from the varietal specific glass which was designed for that grape. Take note of the flavors and “mouthfeel”
• Feel free to spit the wine into a spittoon as to keep a clear head for evaluating.
• Continue tasting the wine from each of the other 4 glasses.
• Experience the difference and determine which glass pleases your senses the most!
Riedel 7414/55 Wine Tasting Set Contains:
- 1 x Chardonnay/Montrachet,
- 1 x Riesling/Sauvignon Blanc,
- 1 x Pinot Noir (Burgundy Red),
- 1 x Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot (Bordeaux),
- 1 x Syrah/Shiraz
- Glasses carry the varietal silkscreen logo on the base.
Prop 65 Warning for the State of California: Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products, or handling products made of leaded crystal, will expose you to lead—a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Questions on Riedel Key to Wine Tasting Set
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Name Riedel Key to Wine Tasting Set Type Wine Glass Sets (Assorted) Options Red & White Wine Glasses Material Lead-Free Crystal Quantity Included 5 Color Clear Brands Riedel Home or Commercial Home Manufacturer's Warranty N/A Weight (in Lbs) 1.0000