You have no items in your shopping cart.
Vita Mix CIA Professional Food Blenders
VitaMix CIA Professional Series Blender Brushed Stainless
Item #: CIA.1709
Call 1-866-852-4268 for best price!
Vitamix CIA Professional Blenders
Vitamix Professional Brushed Stainless CIA Blender - Professional Gourmet Performance for the Home
Preferred By The Culinary Institute Of America
Create amazing dishes with the VitaMix CIA Professional blender! These blenders are used by the Culinary Institute of America for one reason, they perform! The blend quality with the CIA Professional blenders, or any Vita-Mix blender just can't be beat. When you combine the BPA free wet blade container with the variable speed dial of the CIA blender you have the potential for almost limitless creations!
With one machine you can perform 35 different cooking tasks, making this one of the
most versatile units in your kitchen. You can quickly expand your cooking horizons with the included recipes, knead bread, create ice cream, powder sugar, emulsify dressing and make a hot soup. All of these functions are possible thanks to the Vita-Mix blade design and the variable speed dial.
The CIA Professional blenders are equipped with a powerful 2 horsepower motor that allows them to easily process almost anything you through at them, they can even grind grain! The blender is backed by a 7 year warranty through Vita-Mix so you know it is built to last. If you need a professional quality blender that will perform and last the Vita-Mix CIA Professional blenders are for you!
Vita Mix CIA Professional Series Features:
- Super-efficient 2 peak hp motor
- NEW - 64 oz. Eastman Tritan™ copolyester container with blade assembly and soft touch handle that is virtually unbreakable, more chemical resistant and contains no BPA.
- Locking lid design for easy removal
- Variable speed control dial for processing at just the right speed
- Laser-cut one-piece stainless steel blade that spins at 240 Mph
- All metal-to-metal connection from container to base
- Mirror-gloss finish in assorted colors: Ruby, Onyx & Platinum (NEW Platinum Color now replaced with Brushed Stainless Steel)
- Brushed aluminum faceplate with soft touch switches and dial
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 8.8 x 20 inches ; 17.5 pounds
- 7-year warranty
- Made in the U.S.A.
Vita-Mix Blender Package Includes:
- Vitamix Professional Series 2 peak hp Variable Speed Base
- NEW - 64 oz. Eastman Tritan™ copolyester container with blade assembly and soft touch handle
- Accelerator Tamper Tool for Extreme Food-Processing Capability
- Gourmet "Create" chef recipe book in stand up easel format with over 300 recipes
- NEW - “Recipes and Techniques from the CIA Master Chefs” recipe book
- “Let’s Get Started” instructional DVD
Q: Does the Vita-Mix CIA Professional Series come with a Dry Blade Container, like the Vitamix Super 5000?
A: The Dry Blade Container does not come with the Professional Series, but it can be ordered separately
Q: Do I have to pay Sales tax on the Vitamix Professional Series Blender, like the Vita-Mix 5200 Series?
A: The Vita Mix CIA Professional Series is not sold through a Referral Program like the Vitamix 5200. Sales Tax is only charged to Missouri Residents.
Q: What food preparation functions does the Vita Mix CIA Professional Blender perform?
A: The Vita Mix CIA Professional Blender performs an astounding number of food preparation tasks, including chopping, dicing, pureeing, blending, mixing, whipping and grinding a wide variety of foods, from whole fruits and vegetables to spices, cheese, meats and coffee beans. It even crushes ice. This Professional Blender's powerful commercial-grade motor easily handles hot and frozen foods, and everything in-between. The Vita-Mix CIA Professional Blender outperforms any other single kitchen appliance.
Q: Why is the Vita Mix CIA Professional Series better than ordinary household blenders?
A: Ordinary household blenders do not have the power built into every Vita-Mix CIA Professional Series, to consistently perform the variety of kitchen tasks. The Vitamix CIA Professional Blender's rugged construction and design assure unparalleled service for many years to come. And Vitamix's 7-year warranty is backed by Vita-Mix's 80- plus years in designing, building and backing commercial-grade blending equipment.
Q: How does the Vita-Mix CIA Professional Blender compare to a food processor? Can it take the place of a food processor?
A: The Vita Mix CIA Professional Blender is far more versatile and powerful than ordinary household food processors. The Vita-Mix CIA Professional Series has been thoughtfully designed to take care of virtually every kitchen blending task with perfect consistency, time after time. The only function that an ordinary food processor performs more efficiently is coarsely chopping large quantities of solid foods, due to its very powerful blades and motor. However, this task can be successfully completed by the Vita Mix CIA Professional Blender by pulsing the same foods in smaller quantities or in several batches, being careful not to over-blend. The Vita-Mix blender will not shred the same way as a food processor, but the same consistence can usually be reached.
Q: Why is the VitaMix CIA Professional Blender more expensive than some ordinary household blenders?
A: The Vita Mix Blender is truly professional-grade kitchen equipment. Demanded by professional chefs throughout the world, the Vita-Mix brand is synonymous with premium quality, engineered for top performance and built to last. The Vita Mix CIA Professional Blender is designed by some of the most highly trained engineers in the industry and constructed of the highest grade materials. Quality is never compromised. Long after household-grade blending equipment has been replaced, the Vita-Mix CIA Professional Blender will still be turning out restaurant-quality foods.
Q: The VitaMix CIA Professional Blender has a 64 ounce/half gallon container. Can this container be used to prepare smaller quantities of foods or drinks?
A: : The Vita Mix Blender's container has been designed to deliver consistent results whether you are blending 4 ounces or 64 ounces; it makes no difference. Smaller quantities are prepared just as well as full capacities in the Vitamix Blender's generous 64 ounce container.
Q: How can the Vita-Mix Professional Blender prepare both hot and cold foods in the same machine?
A: High-speed blade action is the secret to friction heating and making frozen treats in the Vita Mix Blender. For frozen treats, the high-performance precision-crafted stainless steel blades crush frozen ingredients and release coldness. The Vitamix Blender is processing ingredients so fast, leaving no time for melting and the mixture refreezes itself. For hot soups and more, the blade speed builds a friction heat that can bring fresh ingredients to a warm serving temperature in 4-6 minutes.
Q: The VitaMix Professional Blender has a variable speed control dial. How is that used?
A: The variable speed dial allows the user to control the speed of the blades and blending needed for each recipe or ingredient. For a very smooth mixture, the highest speed should be used. For coarsely chopped ingredients, a lower speed should be used for a shorter period of time. The higher speed also insures that the motor stays cooler due to the speed of the cooling fan.
Q: This Vita Mix Blender comes with two recipe books, Create and Recipes & Techniques from the Vita-Mix CIA Master Chefs, containing more 320 recipes. Can I experiment and create my own recipes for the Vita Mix Blender?
A: The wide array of professionally-developed gourmet recipes in the Vita Mix CIA Professional Blender recipe books are designed to provide technique instruction, as well as delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes that we hope will become an important part of your culinary traditions. Once you have mastered these techniques and operation of the Vitamix Professional Blender, we encourage you to experiment and create your own recipes. However, do keep several principles in mind when developing your own recipes:
- Add ingredients in the proper order to ensure the best operation of your Vita -Mix CIA Professional Series. Liquids and soft foods should be added to the container first, followed by hard or frozen items, then ice if using. Make sure there is sufficient liquid to ease the blending process. For recipes with minimal liquid, add the ingredients in the order recommended above, then run on lower speed settings until ingredients are sufficiently blended.
- For food safety reasons, add only fully cooked meats, poultry, seafood and eggs. The heat generated by the friction of the Vita-Mix motor will not be sufficient to cook raw foods in a relatively brief blending time, although it will warm soups and sauces to a steaming serving temperature within minutes.
A: It is best to clean the Vita-Mix Blender container soon after use. Simply add warm water and a few drops of dishwashing detergent to the container, secure the lid and run on HIGH for 30 to 60 seconds. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Wipe other surfaces with a damp cloth as needed. Never use any abrasive cleaners or scouring pads on any part of the Vita Mix Blender. Washing container in the dishwasher is not recommended and may cause damage.
Q: What makes the Vita Mix CIA Professional Blender better than the competition?
A: Dependability and innovation have always made Vita-Mix® the best in the business. In each piece of equipment lie the experience, the ability and the know-how of our specialists. We are the blending experts. The Vita-Mix CIA Professional Blender offers more power, more control, more capacity and more options.
Q: Can I remove the Vita Mix Blender blades to clean them?
A: The container, including the blades, can usually be sufficiently cleaned by blending warm water and a few drops of dishwashing detergent in the container for several minutes. However, there may be a rare occasion when something gets wound around the blade apparatus, which happens most often with raw meat. In that case, we advise that you call Vita-Mix Customer Service. They will instruct you how to safely remove, clean and re-assemble the blade assembly if needed.
Questions on VitaMix CIA Professional Series Blender Brushed Stainless
- From at 6/8/11 10:06 AM
- Will the Vita Mix prepare juice from fresh/raw vegetables?
- The VitaMix CIA Professional Series Blenders will emulsify most fruits and vegetables into a liquid providing adequate fluids have been added. This blender, or any blender, will not technically "juice" in the true sense of the word. A juicer separates the juice from the pulp while this high power blender completely breaks down the fiber in your fruits and vegetables instead, leaving the healthy fiber still in your "juice" but in a drinkable form!
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From at 9/13/11 1:03 PM
- What is the difference between the 5200 Super package and the Vitamix Professional CIA Blender?
- The CIA Professional Series is essentially the gourmet version of the 5200 model Vita Mix blender. Functionally the blenders are the same but the CIA has a nicer finish with a mirror-gloss finish that is available in assorted colors: Ruby, Onyx & Platinum and a brushed aluminum faceplate with soft touch switches and dial. The cookbooks/DVDs are also different with the ones included with the CIA being geared more towards gourmet cooking. The Super 5200 package also comes with a dry blade container for grinding grain and kneading dough in. This dry blade container can be purchased separately to be used with the CIA blender also.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From at 7/14/11 4:24 AM
- What is the difference between the VitaMix CIA blender and the VitaMix 5200 blender?
- When it comes to the machine itself, the Vita-Mix 5200 and the Professional Series are the same machine (with the exception of color choices). They both have the same seven-year warranty. The Vita-Mix 5200 is sold directly through Vita-Mix, whereas the Professional Series is sold through our dealers.
The support materials -- the recipe books and DVD's -- are very different. The focus of the Vita-Mix 5200 support materials is "Here's how to get more whole foods into your diet." The materials that come with the Professional Series focus on gourmet cooking. The recipe book is written by professional chefs across the country; the DVD is hosted by Michael Symon, who has appeared on the the Food Network.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From at 3/6/13 8:00 AM
- From at 8/6/11 7:58 AM
- I have an old model vm0103. The pitcher is leaking from the bottom but probably the machine is still OK. I would like to know how you can help me with my problem. By the way my machine is more or less 10 years old. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
- You may be interested in a replacement jar for your Vita Mix blender. The Vita Mix Eastman Tritan 64oz Container Soft Grip Handle Wet Blade & Lid Model: 15848
will fit your unit.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From at 3/28/13 9:56 PM
- From at 9/5/12 5:16 PM
Ask Your Own Question
- From at 6/8/11 10:06 AM
hand-me-down Review by Guest
Vitamix CIA Review by Guest
Best appliance I have ever owned Review by Guest
The machine does SO many things that it replaces many appliances in your kitchen. Don't have a food processor. You won't need one. The old automatic bread maker is out the door. (I bought the dry container). I can't say enough about it. There is certainly not another blender that even approaches this one in power or versatility. I bought this Vitamix CIA because I live by myself, don't particularly like to cook and wanted to stop living on processed foods. I make a new pot of soup every few days and even take a bowl to work for lunch. With the dry blender, you can even grind whole grains for breads and cereal. The hot cereal is great. Two of my friends at work have already purchased Vitamix machines also because I have raved about mine so much. I learned about Vitamix from another lady at work. Word of mouth is the best advertisement if the item is truly worth having. This one is. It is quite pricey but for me, it has been worth every cent. Also, I have not ever used one without variable speed, but I think that's a necessary feature. If you are going to invest several hundred dollars, the extra cost seems worthwhile. (Posted on 5/18/11)
The Greatness Of Vitamix... Review by Guest
Although very pricey, I bought this Vitamix for the variable speed function and each time I use it I smile. My Warning Commercial XTreme Blender does the job when I need raw horsepower to blend frozen fruit in to the ultimate smoothies. When I want to slowly blend my fresh salsa verde the Vitamix is the perfect kitchen tool. I also use the Vitamix CIA most mornings to make my son pancakes from scratch and it's fabulous to add flour and not have it blown all over my counter. If you're looking for a superior blender that offers variable speed this is the model to get. I also purchased a smaller carafe from Everything Kitchens to use with this model and would recommend it to those who cook a lot. After you get over the sticker shock and use it a few times you'll wonder how you ever got along without one. Here's a shining example of you get what you pay for. Stellar customer service and fast shipping from Everything Kitchen as usual. (Posted on 5/18/11)
BEST Kitchen Appliance EVER! Review by Guest
I bought my wife this VitaMix for Christmas, and she uses it every day. It is truly an amazing Kitchen tool. It's uses are too many to list. If you are considering this, just buy it. You will never regret it. (Posted on 5/18/11)
Love It!! Review by Guest
I had the Vitamix 4500. It was great, but didn't have the variable speed feature, which is awesome. It is useful in so many ways, but especially when you're making a smoothie, and stop to add a powder (you don't have to stop, but I always forget that). If you have to re-start the Vitamix, the powder will poof up all over the lid, and you lose a lot of it. With the speed dial, you just re-start it on the lowest speed, increasing it after it blends, and there's no "proofing" with the Vitamix CIA Professional. The other great feature are the "wing" tabs on the lid. These are WAY more convenient. Without them, it is tricky getting the lid off if your hands are wet. The Vita Mix Professional Blender model also seems quieter to me. The cookbook is big, but useless to us, as we are raw foodists. The cooking class dvd was neat to watch, though. Had some helpful tips. I would highly recommend this. It is NOT just a blender, and you cannot make a good smoothie with a cheap blender. In the long run, it's worth the money, trust me. Is the Vitamix CIA Professional Blender worth the extra $100 difference from the 5200? Depends. It is for us, because it does seem quieter. And if you like the big cookbook and the pretty colors, that's a plus, too. (Posted on 7/31/09)
Login to add review
Buy this product to add review
- Additional Information
Name VitaMix CIA Professional Series Blender Brushed Stainless Color Silver Drink type No Surface No Size No Shape No Quantity Included No Programmable or Non No Material Plastic and Steel Product Line No Options On-Counter Type Blenders Capacity 64oz./ 2 Quarts Brands Vitamix Home or Commercial Home Number of Pumps No Voltage (volts) 120 Amperage No Wattage No Wattage Range No Description Author No Weight (in Lbs) 12.0000 Lengths (in Inches) No Width (in Inches) No