VitaMix vs Blendtec
Blendtec or Vitamix ? Most of you reading this article are familiar with, or have at least heard of, both the Blendtec and VitaMix home blenders and their amazing blending capabilities. But the question remains; which is better, VitaMix or Blendtec? This article’s purpose is to provide information and the differences between both the Blendtec and VitaMix home blenders so you the consumer can make an educated choice and purchase the blender best suited to your individual needs. So which would come in front of the other: Vitamix Blendtec or Blendtec Vitamix?
- Technology /Engineering - Possibly the most important factor when comparing the Vitamix and Blendtec blenders is technology and engineering. The Blendtec, with its various pre-programmed blending cycles, is designed to provide you with very consistent results and very specific blends based on ingredients and desired end results. This helps take the guesswork out of your blending as well as any inconsistency that can occur with a more manual operation. On the other hand the Vitamix with its manually operated variable speed dial offers the user more control and allows for specific changes to be made during the blending process. This is specifically helpful it seems when it comes to food processing.
- Price - Vitamix vs Blendtec – In most cases the Blendtec Home Blender is the more economical option when comparing the Blendtec versus Vitamix with a starting price of only $399.99. If purchased through Everything Kitchens there is also free shipping within the 48 contiguous states and no sales tax outside of Missouri. The only exception is the Vita Mix Turbo Blend 4500 blender that starts at $398.98. All Vitamix blenders also include free shipping within the 48 contiguous states and no sales tax outside of Missouri with the exception of the 5200 series. The Vitamix 5200 is sold through Vitamix’ referral program and because they charge your credit card the sale is subject to their tax policies.
- Power -Blendtec versus Vitamix - Which is more powerful, the Vitamix or Blendtec? The Blendtec HP3-A has a slight advantage here with a whopping 3 HP/13 AMP/1560 Watt motor. Not far behind is the VitaMix’ 2 HP/11.5 AMP/1380 Watts which could only look inferior to a blender with specs like the Blendtec! Both the Blendtec and VitaMix possess enough power to easily blend ice into snow, blend whole fruits and veggies into a healthy, wholesome smoothie, make nut butters, grind grain/seeds (w/ the dry blade container for the VitaMix), blend soups and sauces and almost everything in between.
- Design/Size - Vitamix vs Blendtec - If space is a factor in whether you choose the Blendtec or Vita Mix, the more streamlined, compact Blendtec is the winner here. The Blendtec is a solid 5” shorter than the Vitamix at only 15.5” tall making it the perfect height to fit under most standard cabinets and that is with the carafe on the base! The dimensions on the VitaMix home blenders are 20.5” x 7.25” x 8.75” and the Blendtec home blenders are 15.5” x 7” x 8”.
- Carafe - Blendtec versus Vitamix - Both the Blendtec and Vitamix blenders come packaged with a blending carafe. The Vita Mix is packaged with a UL Approved 64 oz. BPA Free copolyester carafe with a 4 prong Stainless Steel blade. There is a Separate Dry blade container available that is necessary for grinding grain/kneading dough in your VitaMix. The Blendtec comes equipped with a 64 oz. BPA Free copolyester carafe or their brand new 96 oz. BPA Free copolyester WILDSIDE carafe depending on which package option you choose. There is no additional carafe needed to grind grains or knead dough with a Blendtec, you can use one jar for all your blending needs. This can be a huge plus when making your decision between the Vitamix and Blendtec. The Blendtec carafes have a two prong stainless steel bade that is 3” or 4” depending on which jar you get with your blender.
Warranty – Vitamix vs Blendtec - Vitamix has a definite advantage boasting the industry’s best warranty of 7 full years on their home model blenders! In addition, if the VitaMix 5200 blender is your final choice VitaMix offers a 30 day money back trial period since this model is sold solely through their referral program and thus subject to their tax policies. Blendtec Home Blenders carry a 3 year warranty on the motor and carafe and a lifetime warranty on the blade. In our experience both Blendtec and Vitamix honor their warranties without hassle.
- Cosmetic-Aesthetics may not be at the top of your list but while we are comparing the Blendtec v.s. Vitamix blenders we will touch on this as it does count for something, right? The Blendtec has a sleek, modern design with an easy to clean membrane touch pad making it the more esthetically pleasing of the two in my opinion. The VitaMix has a more industrial look with its commercial styling, toggle switches and dial controls. Both the VitaMix and Blendtec are available in different color options, Black, White and Red. For a limited time the Blendtec is also available in the color Coffee, a Beige color with a marbled finish. Vita Mix also offers the CIA Professional Series Blender in the premium color options of Onyx Black, Ruby Red, and Brushed Stainless Steel.
So the question still remains, Vitamix or Blendtec , which one is right for me?
The Blendtec may be a better choice:
- If you prefer a pre-programmed, computer controlled blender with the option of also manually changing speeds.
- If you are limited on space and need a more compact blender.
- If you like being able to push a button, walk away, and when you come back and it’s done!
- If price is a factor, the Blendtec is usually less expensive.
- If you prefer a blender that looks as good as it works!
The VitaMix may be a better choice:
- If you prefer complete control over the speed and time of your blending.
- If you prefer a more solid, industrial blender.
- If you prefer more mechanical switches and dials.
- If you would feel more confident with a blender that carries a full 7 year warranty!
Shop For Your Home blender Today
Vita-Mix Blenders - Blendtec Blenders