Surprise the whole family with a hearty roast made tender and moist in Le Creuset’s moisture-retaining Round French Oven from the Signature Series. This beautiful Cherry Red French oven stands out with its beautiful chip-resistant enamel that lets you enjoy its beauty and quality for years to come.
Easily place your round French oven in and out of the oven with its large, ergonomic handles and lightweight cast-iron build designed to create less strain for you while cooking. Its snugly fitting lid helps maintain the moisture so you can get the best possible results when serving your favorite meals.
By distributing heat evenly and efficiently, Le Creuset's French ovens help brown and cook your food, while preventing hot spots and scorching. From Coq Au Vin to Arroz con Pollo, this beautiful, versatile round French oven by Le Creuset is a wonderful staple for getting the job done, and the food on the table.
Scroll Down or Click Here for a Featured Recipe!
Le Creuset 1qt Round French Oven (Cherry) Features:
- Designed with durable cast iron and a long-lasting glaze
- Colorful enamel resists chipping and cracking
- Interior enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling
- Sand-colored interior enamel makes it easy to monitor food as it cooks, preventing burning and sticking
- Oversized handles provide even weight distribution and a secure grip
- Ergonomic composite knobs are heat resistant up to 500°F
- Built-in stabilizers provide a secure, no-slide fit
- Compatible cooktops: induction, gas, electric, ceramic, & halogen
- Safe in oven and on outdoor grill
- Diameter: 5.75" | Height: 5" | Width: 10.75"
- Dishwasher safe
- Made in France
- Lifetime Warranty
- Item # : LS2501-1467
Click Here to Browse More Products by Le Creuset
CHRISTMAS EVE BEEF STEW
Created for Le Creuset's French Ovens
Created for the 5 1/2 qt. round Dutch oven
This beef stew is certainly perfect for Christmas, but you’ll enjoy it so much you’ll make it several times throughout the year. It’s a great make-ahead meal, and the Le Creuset oven looks marvelous on the range top and buffet.Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Season the beef liberally with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring as needed, until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Discard any excess oil from the pan and return to medium-high heat. Add the onions and celery and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and stir, scraping the bottom and sides with a wooden spoon. Stir in the stock, thyme, rosemary and marjoram. Return the meat and any juices that have collected to the pot. Add the potatoes and carrots, then cover and bake for 3 hours. Stir in the peas and bake for 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.