You have no items in your shopping cart.
Babila Espresso Machine by Gaggia
You don’t have to go to a coffee house—or have mad barista skills—to make a whole range of outstanding drinks at home. From regular coffees to lattes to short ristrettos, the Babila by Gaggia has you covered! This one-touch automatic machine offers not just convenience; but a whole host of features that let you completely customize every drink.
This sleek silver and stainless steel machine gives you control in six major ways:
- Grind: the coffee bean grinder has 15-grind settings, a lot more than most Espresso machines. This is very important when you want to switch between a range of drinks. You can do a very coarse grind for regular coffee to avoid over extraction and bitterness; a very fine grind for espresso and ristrettos; and everything in between.
- Strength Setting: 5 levels to choose how much coffee is ground for each cup
- Taste Setting: choose from delicate, balanced, or full body to adjust the pre-infusion time. Pre-infusion wets the coffee prior to brewing, causing it to swell and giving a deeper, more complete extraction of flavor; an important feature because you probably don’t want your regular coffee pre-infusing for as long as your espresso.
- Temperature: High, normal, or low. Adjust to your general heat preference or change based on your bean roast.
- Flow: the flow knob increases or decreases the amount of water through the coffee as it’s brewing. For coffee, a faster flow will prevent bitterness. For espresso, a slower flow will extract the flavor.
- Milk amount: with all milk drinks, you can adjust the ratio of milk to espresso.
With Babila, you can make a wide range of drinks at the touch of a button: Ristretto, Espresso, Espresso Macchiato, Espresso Lungo, Coffee, Flat White, Cappuccino, or Latte Macchiato.
The auto-frothing milk carafe makes it simple to make milk-drinks: Simply remove the carafe from the fridge, attach it, press a single button, and the Babila makes a cappuccino or other milk drink with no user intervention and to your specifications. For easy, hygienic cleaning, the machine automatically rinses the milk circuit after each use. Then you can put the carafe back in the fridge and it’s ready to go for next time. There’s also a steam wand, great if you want an extra fine froth to practice making some latte art, or just need hot water for a cup of tea.
If you want a fully automatic machine with outstanding performance and the ability to switch between coffees, espressos, and milk drinks, the versatile Babila Coffee and Espresso Machine by Gaggia is for you!
Gaggia Babila Coffee and Espresso Machine Details:
- Instant steaming and hot water with dedicated steam boiler
- Auto-frothing carafe
- Steam wand
- Ceramic burr grinder with 15 settings
- Bypass doser for pre-ground coffees, such as decaf
- Removable 1.5 liter (50.7 ounces) water reservoir
- 10.6oz bean hopper with aroma preservation lid
- Removable brew group
- Flow adjustment dial
- Strength setting with 5 options
- Taste setting to adjust the pre-infusion time
- Temperature setting
- Ability to adjust the milk amount
- Easy cleaning and maintenance: alerted by the display when needed
- AquaClean water filter eliminates the need for descaling for up to 5000 cups
- Three maintenance cycles
- Energy-saving standby mode
- Adjustable Spouts: between 3 and 6 inches. Can also be pushed back or removed entirely to allow for very tall cups or travel mugs
- Easy removal of the internal drip tray and the used coffee grounds from the front of the machine
- 2 Boilers
- Included accessories: bottle of Gaggia Decalcifier · AquaClean water filter · scoop/grinder adjustment key · brew group brush · tube of brew group lubricant · water hardness test strip
- Dimensions: 14.17” tall | 9.64” wide | 16.53 deep
- Weight: 28.7 lbs
- Volts: 110-120
- Wattage: 1400
- 1 year limited warranty
- Item #: RI9700/64
|Description Author||Abby M|
|Name||Gaggia Babila Espresso Machine|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||50075020076347|
|Type||Automatic Espresso Machines|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Drink type||Coffee, Cappucino, and Espresso|
|Programmable or Non||Programmable|