You have no items in your shopping cart.
Hario 20-ounce Glass Vacuum Coffee Maker
The Hario TCA-5 Technica may look intimidating at first blush. But this 2-chambered coffee maker is no more difficult to use than a Bunsen burner. Heating the bottom bulb forces hot water up into the top chamber through a central coffee filter, where freshly-ground coffee is added. After a short brew period (around a minute) the heater is removed from the bottom bulb, forcing brewed coffee back down through the filter while keeping used coffee grounds in the top. This clever process produces hot, smooth coffee with a flavor similar to that from a French press, but with a bold, even taste that is consistent from the first sip to the last—all without any sludge.
Since the Hario TCA-5 requires no electricity it can be used anywhere an open flame is appropriate, from the home kitchen to the RV to the campsite. This vacuum coffee maker includes an alcohol burner heat source and is warrantied against defects through Hario of Japan.
Overview of the Hario Syphon Technica Vacuum Coffee Maker:
- Manual coffee maker from Hario of Japan
- 20 ounces total capacity (brews 4–5 cups of coffee)
- Forces brewed coffee through a filter using vacuum pressure, separating the grounds
- Produces a smooth cup coffee
- Filter eliminates sludge
- Glass is safe for the oven & microwave
- Thermal shock resistance: rapid temperature changes up to 248° F won't break the glass
- Portable—requires no electricity
- Includes alcohol burner
- Includes washable cloth coffee filter and coffee-measuring scoop
- Dimensions: 4" x 4" x 14" tall
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Manufacturer warranty against defects
Note: Included burner may not match the ones shown above
Questions on Hario Manual Vacuum Coffee Brewer w/ Burner
- From nam at 4/11/14 2:10 PM
- From Adam J Smith at 6/27/14 12:06 PM
Ask Your Own Question
Don't like it Review by Atihcnoc
I saw this product and love how it looks, so different! I bought it and from the beginning it was so difficult to remove the top from the bottom, I make coffee with a lot of expectations, at the end fight a lot trying to remove top from bottom, use it just a few times get tired about the difficult of remove top from bottom ( it was to tight) at the end get frustrated and don't want to drink coffee. After 5 uses I decided to put it for sale! and bought a different one. (Posted on 1/26/15)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Never!
- Additional Information
Description Author Kevin O Name Hario Syphon Vacuum Coffee Maker - TECHNICA, 5 Cups GTIIN / UPC Code 4977642503274 Brands Hario Type Vacuum Coffee Makers Material Glass Color Black & Stainless Capacity 20 Cup Manufacturer's Warranty 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty Country of Manufacture Japan Drink type Coffee Programmable or Non Non Programmable Weight (in Lbs) 3.5