You have no items in your shopping cart.
Model FVSFGA KitchenAid Fruit and Vegetable Strainer & Meat Grinder
KitchenAid Fruit / Vegetable Strainer & Food Grinder
Use the included FGA food grinder to grind meat and other soft foods, or attach the FVSP food strainer attachment (included) to the food grinder to make sauces and jellies, such as tomato sauce, jelly, jam, apple sauce, and more. Both attachments are included in this kit.
- Works with Included Food Grinder to Puree and Strain Fruits and Vegetables Quickly and Easily.
- Use Only with Soft or Cooked Foods.
- Fits all Kitchenaid Mixer models
- 1 Year Limited Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty
- The FGA Food Grinder attaches to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer, then the FVSP Food Strainer attaches to the food grinder to extend it's usefullness to make sauces and jellies.
- The # FVSFGA includes the FGA Food Grinder and the FVSP Food Strainer
- If you only want to grind meat and other soft foods, and do not need to strain seeds out for sauces or jellies, then you can buy the FGA seperately.
- The Kitchenaid Food Grinder attachment includes Stomper, Coarse and Fine Plates for Grinding Meat, Firm Fruits and Vegetables; the food strainer attachment includes grinding worm/auger, strainer cone, strainer tray and splash shield. See image above.
Questions on KitchenAid Fruit / Vegetable Food Strainer & Meat Grinder
- From at 11/28/11 5:11 PM
- From at 2/22/13 5:44 AM
- From at 1/27/12 6:53 AM
- From at 2/28/12 4:43 PM
- From at 9/17/11 4:21 AM
- Can I make tomato juice with this fruit and vegetable strainer?
- No, as this is intended more for making tomato sauce. If you want to juice tomatoes, please look at something like the juicer at http://www.everythingkitchens.com/omega8005juicer.html or the juicer at http://www.everythingkitchens.com/omega_juicer_nutrition_center_8006.html. There is not an attachment for Kitchenaid mixers that really makes tomato juice, just sauce. Sorry.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From at 9/5/11 4:43 AM
Ask Your Own Question
Works Surprisingly Well Review by Guest
I've mostly used this KitchenAid Strainer attachment to make apple butter. Wash and quarter apples, steam in a stock pot until they're soft, and process them down the chute of the KitchenAid Food & Vegetable Strainer. I think the stems, cores and peelings being extruded out the waste end is vaguely disgusting, but I'm amazed at how efficiently the fruit is removed. The waste that's extruded out the end is dry fibrous pulp. Almost all of the applesauce trickles out the bottom of the strainer attachment. Very clever! I mix the applesauce with sugar and spices and bake it in the oven to make apple butter. I'd like to try pear butter and other fruits. I wonder if this could help with pumpkin butter? (Posted on 8/7/11)
Vegetable Strainer/Grinder Is Terrific 4 Tomatoes Review by Guest
I make tomato sauce every year from extra tomatoes from the garden--this Kitchenaid attachment makes it quick and easy! Also use to make fresh tomato sauce for pasta--cut tomatoes in--sauce comes out. (Posted on 5/10/10)
Great For Canning Review by Guest
I just canned 40 quarts of applesauce, but my Kitchenaid Food Strainer did most of the work! I was able to cook apple slices, with the skin, core, and stems still on -- and then put them through the this Kitchenaid attachment. Out came applesauce at one end, all the fruit 'extra' the other! Would also be great for baby foods and I can't wait try the meat grinder. (Posted on 11/11/09)
- Additional Information
Product Manual Name KitchenAid Fruit / Vegetable Food Strainer & Meat Grinder GTIIN / UPC Code 00050946000251 Brands KitchenAid Type Stand Mixer Attachments Options For KitchenAid Mixers Material Plastic and Steel Color White Manufacturer's Warranty 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty Weight (in Lbs) 3.5000