You have no items in your shopping cart.
Ice Cream Maker Attachment for Larger KitchenAid Stand Mixers
The KitchenAid KAICA attachment transforms any 7-quart KitchenAid bowl-lift stand mixer into a homemade ice cream machine. This accessory is compatible with KitchenAid Proline mixers (models beginning with KSM7), the KSM8990 8 qt commercial mixer, and just one 6-quart mixer, model KSM6573C.
KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment Overview:
- Makes up to 2 quarts of fresh, pure, soft-serve-consistency ice cream in 30 minutes. Also makes sorbet, gelato, and other delicious frozen desserts
- Attachment includes drive assembly, dasher, and freeze bowl
- Inner freeze bowl is one piece anodized aluminum that will not flake
- Drive assembly attaches to the mixer's motor head to rotate the dasher for thorough mixing, spreading, and scraping
- A specially-formulated liquid within the Freeze Bowl's double walls ensures thorough, even freezing. To pre-freeze the liquid, just place the bowl in your freezer
- If you prefer hard ice cream, transfer your finished ice cream to an airtight container and store in freezer; allow 2 to 4 hours to harden
- Dasher, drive assembly, and adapter ring are dishwasher safe. Freeze bowl must be hand-washed
- 1 Year Limited Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty through KitchenAid
- Several recipes included
- This KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment fits 7-quart Proline mixers beginning in KSM7 (e.g. KSM7586CA), the KSM8990 8 qt commercial mixer, and the 6 qt KSM6573C
Questions on KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment for 7 & 8 Quart Stand Mixers
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Not NSF, but works with KA 8 qt (commercial) mixer Review by Dale
The freezer bowl of the KAICA ice cream maker is identical to the freezer bowl for the 6 qt KA mixer I previously had. HOWEVER (!) the drive assembly and dasher for the 6 qt ice cream maker will NOT work with a 7 or 8 qt mixer -- the shape and design of the drive assembly attachment has been changed, and the height of the dasher has also changed.
If you already own a freezer bowl for a 6 qt (or smaller) mixer, you have two choices that I am aware of:
1. you can gift it, along with its drive assembly and dasher to someone with a 6 qt mixer and buy this ice cream making setup designed to work with the 7 & 8 qt mixer, or
2. you can buy just the newly designed drive assembly and dasher to use with your existing bowl; I have seen these two parts (drive assembly and dasher) available online for about $15 for both.
Also, while this KAICA unit works perfectly well with the 8 qt commercial Kitchenmaid mixer, the KAICA unit is not rated NSF. So, you will only want to use it in non-commercial settings. (Posted on 4/13/16)
HOMEMADE SORBET+ICE CREAM...YIPPEEEEEE Review by Barbara J
FINALLY FOUND ONE THAT FIT MY 8 QUART COMMERCIAL MIXER...VERY WELL MADE...GREAT PRICE..LOVE THAT I CAN MAKE MY OWN SORBET AND ICE CREAM AND KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM EATING...ONLY WISH IT MADE MORE HEE-HEE BUT THAT'S CAUSE WE LOVE IT SO MUCH...HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT AND EVERYTHING KITCHENS GREAT PRICES AND QUALITY PRODUCTS (Posted on 2/11/16)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes
- Additional Information
Name KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment for 7 & 8 Quart Stand Mixers GTIIN / UPC Code 00883049256610 Brands KitchenAid Type Stand Mixer Attachments Options For KitchenAid Mixers Material Plastic and Steel Color White Capacity 7 Quart Manufacturer's Warranty 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty Weight (in Lbs) 7.8000