You have no items in your shopping cart.
2.5-Quart Oval Heritage Covered Casserole in Soleil Yellow by Le Creuset
For perfectly baked desserts, meats, and vegetables, reach for the 2.5-Quart Heritage Covered Oval Casserole by Le Creuset! Made with the same legendary stoneware used in all of Le Creuset’s bakeware, this distinctive Soleil Yellow casserole dish recalls designs of the 1930s and 1940s with its traditional loop handle and scalloped side handles. Like all Le Creuset stoneware, it maintains even temperatures and prevents scorching, prevents hot or cold spots, and cooks food uniformly, so you produce the kind of food your family and friends will rave about!
The smooth, impermeable glaze resists staining and is nearly-nonstick, so food will release easily, and because the exterior enamel is so durable, you won’t have to worry about chips or scratches. It’s safe for the oven, broiler, microwave, refrigerator, or freezer, and since it resists stains and odors, it’s ideal for preparing your dish and storing in the refrigerator until it’s time to bake. Use this 2.5-qt Heritage Oval Casserole to bake a casserole that serves 2 or 3, to broil fish, or simply to marinate before cooking..
Le Creuset 2.5-Quart Soleil Yellow Covered Oval Casserole from the Heritage Collection Details:
- Stoneware maintains even temperatures and prevents scorching
- Unmatched thermal resistance – safely goes from fridge or freezer to oven. To go from freezer to oven, place frozen dish in cold oven and set the temperature, allow the dish and oven to heat together
- Dense stoneware blocks moisture absorption to prevent cracking, crazing, and rippling
- Exterior enamel resists scratches and stains
- Interior glaze is nearly-nonstick
- Foods release easily for quick cleanup
- Safe for freezer, refrigerator, microwave, oven and broiler safe to 500°F
- Dishwasher safe
- Resists stains and odors
- Dimensions: 10” x 7” x 3.25”
- Capacity: 2.5-Qt
- Made in Thailand and China
- 5-Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Item #: PG0405-281M
Coconut Milk Bread Pudding with Orange-Ginger Syrup
by Le Creuset (shown with the Heritage Oval Casserole in Cerise/Cherry Red)
- 2 (10-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 whole green cardamom pods, or 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Butter for the baking dish
- 2 brioche loaves, torn
- 1 cup whole cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2-inch thick piece of fresh ginger
- 1-inch peel of orange rind
In a small pot set over medium heat, combine coconut milk, cardamom, and cinnamon. Once the liquid reaches a simmer, turn off the heat and let steep 15-20 minutes. Once cooled remove the cardamom pods and cinnamon stick and whisk in the eggs.
Butter a 2.5-Qt. baking dish and fill with the bread. Pour the milk mixture over the bread and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Stir together the chopped cashews, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the bread pudding just before baking.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature while oven heats. Bake 30-45 minutes until custard is set and the top is browned.
In a small pot set over medium heat, whisk together sugar and water until the sugar has completely dissolved. Bring to a boil then turn off the heat. Add ginger and orange peel. Let steep until cool. Once cooled, drizzle over warm bread pudding.
|Description Author||Abby M|
|Name||Le Creuset 2.5-Quart Heritage Covered Oval Casserole - Soleil Yellow|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||00630870163811|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||5 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||Thailand|
|Weight (in Lbs)||7.55|