You have no items in your shopping cart.
4-Quart Oval Heritage Covered Casserole in Flame Orange by Le Creuset
For perfectly baked desserts, meats, and vegetables, reach for the 4-Quart Heritage Covered Oval Casserole by Le Creuset! Made with the same legendary stoneware used in all of Le Creuset’s bakeware, this distinctive Flame Orange casserole dish recalls designs of the 1930s and 1940s with its traditional loop handle and scalloped side handles. Like all Le Creuset stoneware, it maintains even temperatures and prevents scorching, prevents hot or cold spots, and cooks food uniformly, so you produce the kind of food your family and friends will rave about!
The smooth, impermeable glaze resists staining and is nearly-nonstick, so food will release easily, and because the exterior enamel is so durable, you won’t have to worry about chips or scratches. It’s safe for the oven, broiler, microwave, refrigerator, or freezer, and since it resists stains and odors, it’s ideal for preparing your dish and storing in the refrigerator until it’s time to bake. Use this 4-Qt Heritage Oval Casserole to bake a casserole for a potluck, to cook a batch of tamales that will serve the whole family, or to marinate and then broil fish or meat.
Le Creuset 4-Quart Flame Orange Covered Oval Casserole from the Heritage Collection Details:
- Stoneware maintains even temperatures and prevents scorching
- Unmatched thermal resistance – safely goes from fridge or freezer to oven. To go from freezer to oven, place frozen dish in cold oven and set the temperature, allow the dish and oven to heat together
- Dense stoneware blocks moisture absorption to prevent cracking, crazing, and rippling
- Exterior enamel resists scratches and stains
- Interior glaze is nearly-nonstick
- Foods release easily for quick cleanup
- Easy-to-grip grooved side handles
- Safe for freezer, refrigerator, microwave, oven and broiler safe to 500°F
- Dishwasher safe
- Resists stains and odors
- Dimensions: 14” x 10” x 3.5”
- Capacity: 4-Qt
- Made in Thailand and China
- 5-Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Item #: PG04053A-362
by Le Creuset
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 leek, white and tender green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 1-1/2 anchovy fillets, very finely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces freshly shredded Gruyère
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease a 2-quart gratin dish.
In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir in the leeks and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Stir in the anchovy paste and warm through, about 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the cream, milk, garlic, thyme sprigs, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer and keep warm over very low heat.
Peel the potatoes. Use a mandoline or other adjustable-blade vegetable slicer to cut them into thin, uniform rounds about 1/16-inch-thick. Arrange half of the potato slices in the bottom of the prepared dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, half of the red onions, half of the leek mixture, and half of the Gruyère. Make a second layer in the same way.
Discard the thyme sprigs from the cream mixture, then pour over the potatoes, letting it trickle down between the layers.
Bake until bubbling and golden brown on top, 45 to 55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, garnish with thyme leaves, and serve warm.
|Description Author||Abby M|
|Name||Le Creuset 4-Quart Oval Heritage Covered Casserole - Flame Orange|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||00630870174343|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||5 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||Thailand|
|Weight (in Lbs)||11.6|