You have no items in your shopping cart.
Stainless Steel Shallow Casserole Dish in 5.5 Quarts - by Le Creuset
Create tender pasta dishes and creamy soups with Le Creuset's Shallow Casserole Dish! This stunning dish is designed with a tri-ply construction of cast iron, stainless steel, and aluminum for impressive quality. The stainless steel is used as the exterior and interior piece for optimum heat conduction and even cooking. The outer layer is bonded with titanium to protect the beautiful shine and a full aluminum core for optimum heat transfer that won't taint food.
Le Creuset is renowned for its beautiful European stoneware. This line of stainless steel represents the same elegant craftsmanship and lifetime durability. The Le Creuset 5.5 Quart Casserole Dish can withstand every-day use and makes a wonderful housewarming or wedding gift.
Le Creuset 5.5qt Stainless Steel Shallow Casserole (SSP3000-24) Features:
- Reflects European craftsmanship and character
- Tri-ply construction conducts heat evenly, which is ideal for casseroles
- Ergonomic side handles make it convenient to lift and carry the pot
- Full aluminum core heats quickly and evenly, and is protected by the rolled, sealed and polished rim
- Magnetic external layer is induction-compatible and infused with titanium to resist discoloration
- Inside layer is made of surgical-grade stainless steel for a safe and stable cooking surface
- Precision-pour rim allows for clean, convenient pouring directly from the pan
- Premium steel blend resists pitting and scorching to maintain its luster over time
- Compatible cooktops: induction, gas, electric, ceramic, & halogen
- Dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 500°F
- Made in Portugal
- Item #: SSP3000-24
By Le Creuset
For the spice paste:
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- ¾ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 4 tablespoons water
For the curry:
- 3 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 85g root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 greencardamom pods, crushed
- 3 fresh green chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 4 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1kg lamb leg meat, cut into 4cm chunks
- 300ml vegetable stock or water
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 6 tablespoons fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons natural yoghurt
Heat the oil in the casserole, add the spices for the spice paste and fry over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until the seeds begin to pop, stirring occasionally so they do not catch and burn.
Once cooled grind the spices to a paste with a pestle and mortar or in a small blender, add the 4 tablespoons of water to loosen the mix. Reserve for later.
Heat the ghee or clarified butter in the casserole and fry the onions for 3-4 minutes until softened, add the garlic, ginger, cardamom pods, and fresh chilli and continue to fry for 1 minute more.
Add the canned tomatoes, tomato purée and salt then stir in the spice mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes without the lid, stirring occasionally.
Add the meat to the sauce, stir and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock or water, put on the lid and simmerover a low heat for 1¼ to 1½ hours until the meat has become tender and the sauce has reduced and thickened nicely. Stir the curry occasionally during this time.
Stir in the garam masala, half the fresh coriander and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Continue to simmer for approximately 5 minutes without the lid, stirring occasionally until the sauce has become a thick coating consistency.
Serve the curry with the yoghurt spooned over and the remaining fresh coriander.
|Description Author||Sierra W|
|Name||Le Creuset 5.5qt Shallow Casserole (Stainless Steel)|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||00630870155205|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||Portugal|
|Weight (in Lbs)||6.4|