You have no items in your shopping cart.
Hibiscus 5.5qt Signature Round Dutch Oven - by Le Creuset
Surprise the whole family with a hearty roast made tender and moist in Le Creuset’s moisture-retaining Round French Oven in Hibiscus from the Signature Series. This beautiful Hibiscus French oven stands out with its beautiful chip-resistant enamel that lets you enjoy it’s beauty and quality for years to come.
Easily place your round French oven in and out of the oven with its large, ergonomic handles and light-weight cast-iron build designed to create less strain for you while cooking. It’s snugly-fitting lid helps maintain the moisture so you can get the best possible results when serving your favorite meals.
By distributing heat evenly and efficiently, Le Creuset's French ovens help brown and cook your food, while preventing hot spots and scorching. From Coq au Vin to Arroz con Pollo, this beautiful, versatile round French oven by Le Creuset is a wonderful staple for getting the job done, and the food on the table.
Le Creuset 5.5qt Signature Round French Oven (Hibiscus) Features:
- Ideal for large roasts and chickens
- Distributes heat evenly
- Locks in ideal amount of moisture
- Large ergonomic handles
- Chip-resistant enamel is dishwasher safe
- Stain-resistant interior
- Lid stabilizers keep lid secure
- Light-weight cast iron
- 5.5qt capacity
- Compatible with: gas, electric, ceramic, halogen, induction, oven, and outdoor grill
- Dimensions: 10.75" D x 7.25" H
- Item # : LS2501-2614ss
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- Vegetable oil or vegetable oil spray
- Olive oil
2. Remove the bowl from the mixer and cover it with a pot lid or plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in size and does not spring back when you push your finger into it, 2 to 4 hours.
3. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead it to release the gas and redistribute the yeast. Shape it roughly into a ball, cover it with a towel, and let stand for 10 minutes to allow the gluten to relax.
4. Shape the dough into a tight ball – the tighter the better – by rolling it on the work surface between your palms.
5. Spray or coat the bottom and sides of a large Dutch oven or other heavy ovenproof pot (5 1/2 quarts or larger) with vegetable oil. Put the dough in the center of the pot and place the lid on. Allow the dough to rise again, 30 to 60 minutes (less if it’s very hot and humid, more if it’s cold).
6. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
7. Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil, or more if you like, gently over the surface of the dough. Score the bread with a sharp knife or razor, making an X or a hash mark; this will allow the dough to expand freely. Sprinkle the dough with salt. Cover the pot and place it in the oven.
8. After 30 minutes, remove the lid, reduce the oven temperature to 375 F, and continue baking until the bread is nicely browned and cooked through. It should have an internal temperature of 200 F or so when done.
9. Allow the bread to rest on a rack for at least 30 minutes so that the interior finishes cooking.
Please note: Only our Signature phenolic knobs and stainless steel knobs are oven-safe at this temperature. Classic phenolic knobs are oven-safe to 375 F. If using a Classic oven, remove the knob when baking at temperatures higher than 375 F.
|Description Author||Sierra W|
|Name||Le Creuset 5.5qt Signature Round French Oven (Hibiscus)|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||024147264156|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Material||Cast Iron with Porcelain Enamel|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||France|
|Weight (in Lbs)||12|