What is the Difference Between a French and a Dutch Oven?
Nothing. The cookware takes the name of the country it is produced in. So French or Dutch this enameled cast iron Le Creuset cookware piece will be a perfect addition to your kitchen for slow cooking and making tasty soups or stews
The 5.5qt Le Creuset Cast Iron Dutch Oven is made of oven safe enameled cast iron offered in a variety of colors. This Cherry / Cerise enameled Le Creuset Signature Round French Oven has a clean and classic style all its own. Like all Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware it is recommended that you hand wash, but this french oven is dishwasher safe making clean up easy.
Scroll Down or Click Here for a Featured Recipe!
Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron French Oven Product Features:
- 5.5-quart capacity french oven
- Round French oven made of enameled cast iron
- 45% larger handles that provide a sure grip, even with oven mitts
- Durable colored porcelain enamel finishes
- An advanced sand-colored interior enamel with even more resistance to wear
- Many enamel colors to choose from
- Cast iron dutch oven loop handles
- Cast Iron dutch oven is safe to use with gas, electric, ceramic, halogen, induction, oven, and stovetop heat sources
- A larger composite knob that withstands temperatures up to 480ºF
- Heavy fitted lid locks in heat, moisture, and flavor
- Stainless steel knob is oven-safe to any temperature
- Washing french oven by hand is recommended
- Dishwasher safe Le Creuset french oven
- The lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron dutch oven available
- Limited Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- Item # LS2501-2667
Le Creuset Round French Oven Dimensions: 10 1/4" x 4 1/2"
Le Creuset Round French Oven Shipping Weight: 12 lbs
Looking for More Le Creuset Cookware?
DUTCH OVEN BREAD
By Le Creuset
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- Vegetable oil or vegetable oil spray
- Olive oil
Combine the flour, water, yeast and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix on medium speed until the dough is smooth and elastic, 5 to 10 minutes. Depending on the size of the bowl, you may need to stop the mixer and remove the dough from the dough hook if the dough is not developing thoroughly. When the dough looks smooth, cut off a piece and stretch it. If it stretches to the point of transparency, it’s mixed enough. If not, continue mixing.
Remove the bowl from the mixer and cover it with a pot lid or plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in size and does not spring back when you push your finger into it, 2 to 4 hours.
Turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead it to release the gas and redistribute the yeast. Shape it roughly into a ball, cover it with a towel, and let stand for 10 minutes to allow the gluten to relax.
Shape the dough into a tight ball – the tighter the better – by rolling it on the work surface between your palms.
Spray or coat the bottom and sides of your 5.5 QT Le Creuset Dutch Oven
with vegetable oil. Put the dough in the center of the pot and place the lid on. Allow the dough to rise again, 30 to 60 minutes (less if it’s very hot and humid, more if it’s cold).
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil, or more if you like, gently over the surface of the dough. Score the bread with a sharp knife or razor, making an X or a hash mark; this will allow the dough to expand freely. Sprinkle the dough with salt. Cover the pot and place it in the oven.
After 30 minutes, remove the lid, reduce the oven temperature to 375 F, and continue baking until the bread is nicely browned and cooked through. It should have an internal temperature of 200 F or so when done.
Allow the bread to rest on a rack for at least 30 minutes so that the interior finishes
Cast Iron Dutch Oven Lifetime Limited Warranty – Le Creuset ® of America, Inc.
What does this warranty cover?
Le Creuset cookware is warranted to you by Le Creuset of America, Inc. to be free from defects in material and workmanship at the time of its purchase. For this Lifetime Limited Warranty to apply, you must follow the care and use instructions provided with the 5.5qt Le Creuset French Oven. This warranty covers normal household use only.