Bring the family running to the table with a mouthwatering pot roast slow-cooked in the Le Creuset 6.75-Quart Signature Oval Dutch Oven in match-everything Meringue! Prized by home cooks and professional chefs alike, nothing beats durable cast iron for braising, roasting, and other applications, thanks to its even heat distribution and exceptional heat retention. The smooth, sand-colored enamel interior promotes caramelization, prevents food from sticking, and resists stains. The dome-shaped lid provides a continuous circulation of heat and moisture which locks in flavor.
The oval shape is especially great for long cuts of roasts and poultry. Wide handles give you a safe grip as you move the pan to the oven and the stainless steel knob is safe to any temperature, meaning you can use your French oven in the hottest oven or even outdoor grill or camp fire with no problem! Use it for deep frying onion rings, braising short ribs, baking Dutch Oven Bread, and more. Add the 6.75-Qt Signature Oval Oven to your kitchen and discover for yourself the joy of cooking in Le Creuset enameled cast iron!
Le Creuset 6.75-Qt Signature Oval Dutch Oven (Meringue) Features:
- Enamel-coated cast iron construction
- Interior sand-colored enamel has a smooth finish that promotes caramelization while it prevents sticking and resists staining
- Colorful exterior enamel is shock-resistant to prevent chips and cracks
- Meringue glaze in gradient shades from light cream to toasted marshmallow is a lovely neutral that matches everything
- 6.75-Qt size is ideal for family meals and provides approximately 6-7 servings
- Dome-shaped lid promotes continuous circulation of heat and moisture to lock in flavor and the ideal amount of moisture
- Wide loop handles provide a safe and comfortable grip
- Stainless steel knob is oven-safe to any temperature
- No seasoning required
- Compatible with induction, ceramic, electric, gas, halogen, outdoor grill, and oven
- Dishwasher-safe; hand-washing recommended
- Dimensions: 16” x 7” x 9.75”
- Made in France
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Item #: LS2502-31716SS
Looking for more Le Creuset products? Click here.
Roasted Chicken with Cider Vinegar Barbecue Sauce
Recipe by Le Creuset; Shown in a Le Creuset White Oval Dutch Oven
For the Roasted Chicken:
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 lbs), rinsed, cleaned, patted dry, and trussed
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
For the Cider Vinegar Barbecue Sauce:
- 1½ cups apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ½ cup Dijon or spicy mustard
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Bring the chicken to room temperature before roasting. Coat the chicken with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the Dutch oven and set chicken on top, breast side up.
Place the chicken in the oven and roast uncovered for 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 155 F in thickest thigh and chicken is golden brown. Allow chicken to rest 15 minutes before carving into quarters.
While the chicken is resting, in a stainless-steel saucepan over medium heat, simmer all barbecue sauce ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce has thickened, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Pour over hot chicken quarters or serve as an accompaniment for dunking.