You have no items in your shopping cart.
Caribbean Blue 6-Piece Signature Set - by Le Creuset
Keep all of your roasting, sautéing, baking, and grilling covered with Le Creuset's 6-Piece Signature Set! This stunning caribbean blue set includes two pieces of bakeware: a round dutch oven for braising meat or preparing fresh bread, and a roaster for large cuts of meat. Also included with the product are two pieces of cookware: a square skillet grill for shrimp, sliced steak, or vegetables, and a saucier pan for soups and sauces.
Le Creuset's stoneware features a stunning glaze to protect the material further. The glaze is resistant to scratches, chips, rippling, or warping due to wear and heat, making this a lifetime accessory that can be passed down for generations or given as a home-warming gift. Le Creuset's Caribbean Blue Signature Cookware Set is perfect for conquering family dinners or large parties. Because of the thermal resistance, this cookware is ideal for baking, serving, and freezing food without the hassle of switching dishes!
- 10.25 Quart Square Skillet Grill (LS2021-2617)
- 4.5qt Round Dutch Oven & Lid (LS2501-2417)
- 5.25qt Signature Roaster (LS2011-3317)
- 2.5qt Saucier & Lid (L2557-2117)
Le Creuset 6-Piece Signature Set (Caribbean Blue) Features:
- Limited Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- Sand-colored interior enamel makes it easy to monitor cooking progress
- Skillet grill's durable black enamel finish requires no seasoning, and is designed for higher surface temperature cooking
- Large handles provide a sure grip, even with oven mitts
- Saucier knob withstands temperatures up to 375°F; Dutch oven knob is safe up to 500°F
- Compatible cooktops: induction, gas, electric, ceramic, & halogen
- Save in oven and on outdoor grill
- Interior sand-colored enameled cast iron cookware pieces to help monitor food easily, prevent burning and sticking
- Round French oven with lid for braised recipes, soups or stews, casseroles, and more
- Saucier with lid for building even delicate sauces, cooking whole grain cereals, braising vegetables
- Ribbed, square skillet grill for healthy cooking of meats and vegetables with perfect grilling lines
- Enameled cast iron roaster for oven roasting meats or vegetables, and preparing cobblers or other home-style recipes
- Oven, stovetop, dishwasher, refrigerator, and freezer safe
- Ergonomic, over-sized handles for secure gripping while moving with even weight distribution
- Made in France
- Item # : MS1406-17
Beef Rib Roast with Shallots Recipe
Featuring Le Creuset's Roaster
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 standing rib roast, about 6 – 8 pounds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 18 – 24 whole shallots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups beef stock
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
1) Remove the roast from the refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2) Generously season roast with salt and pepper, and place on a rack in a cast iron roasting pan. Roast at 450 F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 F and cook an additional 2 to 2 1/2 hours, depending on desired doneness.
3) Once the roast is in the oven, toss the peeled shallots with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the shallots to the roasting pan, along with 3 sprigs of thyme, after the roast has cooked for 30 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine vinegar, beef stock, remaining thyme, bay leaf and garlic. Bring to a boil and reduce by half, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
5) Begin checking the internal temperature of the roast after 90 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the roast. Remove from the oven when the internal temperature reaches 130 F for medium-rare, or 145 F for medium.
6) Remove the roast and the shallots to a plate. Tent loosely with foil and let rest at least 15 minutes. Remove the rack from the pan and discard the thyme sprigs.
7) Skim the fat from the roasting pan, then set the pan on the stove over medium heat. Carefully add the red wine, and scrape up any browned drippings and fond from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the wine by half, then pour into the saucepan with the reduced stock mixture.
8) Bring this sauce to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and remove the thyme, bay leaf and garlic. Stir the butter and flour together in a small bowl, then whisk into the sauce to thicken it. Continue to cook 2 or 3 minutes, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warm gravy boat.
9) Slice the roast and serve it with the whole shallots and red wine sauce.
|Description Author||Sierra W|
|Name||Le Creuset 6-Piece Signature Set (Caribbean Blue)|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||00086324038851|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||France|
|Weight (in Lbs)||39.6|