You have no items in your shopping cart.
Marseille Blue 8oz Mini Round Cocotte - by Le Creuset
Create fluffy souffles, creamy soups, and more with Le Creuset's 8oz Mini Round Cocotte in Marseille Blue. These cocottes are crafted with durable stoneware that maintains an even temperature and heat distribution to prevent scotching or cold spots. Stoneware is also used to resist cracking, crazing, and rippling, which makes it safe to use as cookware or bakeware. The nearly non-stick interior is easy to clean and dishwasher safe. Le Creuset's 8oz Mini Round Cocotte in Marseille Blue is perfect for making gourmet meals, desserts, and side dishes with ease.
Le Creuset 8 Ounce Mini Round Cocotte (Marseille) Features:
- Includes Limited Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- Stunning glaze makes it perfect serveware at the dinner table
- Thermal resistance safe for freezers, microwaves, ovens, broilers, and dishwashers
- Stoneware maintains even temperatures and prevents scorching
- Dense stoneware blocks moisture absorption to prevent cracking, crazing, and rippling
- Impermeable exterior enamel resists scratches and stains
- Nearly-nonstick glazed interior easily releases foods for quick cleanup
- Heavy fitted lid locks in heat, moisture, and flavor
- 45% larger handles provide a sure grip, even with oven mitts
- Safe for cutting on with knives
- Made in Thailand/China
- Item # : PG1160-0859
Fisherman’s Pie Recipe
Featuring Le Creuset's Mini Round Cocotte
- 150g boned and skinned
- Salmon, cut into 2-3cm (1 inch) dice
- 150g boned and skinned
- White fish, cut into 2-3cm (1 inch) dice
- 75g cooked king prawns
- 50g cooked shelled mussels
- 25g butter
- 30g plain flour
- Half a quality fish stock cube
- Dissolved in 150ml of hot water
- 75ml dry white wine
- 100ml (scant ½ cup) double cream
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 600g potatoes suitable for mashing
- 25g butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
Oven: 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5, pre-heated, Fan oven: 170°C
To make the potato topping:
Peel and chop the potatoes into slices or small chunks and place into a saucepan of lightly salted water.
Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook with the lid on until tender (about 10-12 minutes).
Once cooked drain the potatoes and mash.
Add 25g butter, 2 tablespoons milk, the chopped parsley and stir well using a silicone spatula until smooth and creamy.
Adjust the seasoning to taste. Replace the lid and put to one side.
To make the sauce:
Melt 25g (1oz) butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until soft but not brown.
Remove away from the heat and stir in the flour.
Add the fish stock, the white wine and return to the heat stirring until thickened and smooth.
Turn off the heat and add the cream, capers, lemon juice and black pepper (see cook’s note 1).
Stir the prepared fish into the sauce and divide equally between the two casseroles (see cook’s note 2).
Pipe or spread the prepared mash potato topping on top of the fish and sauce.
Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes (without the lid) until the potato has nicely browned and the fish is cooked.
Serve with a wedge of lemon, fresh green vegetables and crusty bread.
Questions on Le Creuset 8oz Mini Round Cocotte (Marseille Blue)
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Description Author Sierra Welch Name Le Creuset 8oz Mini Round Cocotte (Marseille Blue) GTIIN / UPC Code 630870089258 Brands Le Creuset Type Dutch Ovens Options With Lid Home or Commercial Home Material Stoneware Color Blue Capacity 8 oz Quantity Included 1 Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty Country of Manufacture Thailand Weight (in Lbs) 1.0000