You have no items in your shopping cart.
8 Qt Signature Oval French Oven Soleil by Le Creuset
The Le Creuset 8 qt. Signature Oval French Oven Soleil or yellow offers the experienced and aspiring home chef a cheerful culinary experience while preparing a wide variety of ingredients…some may surprise you. One customer shared that the sand-colored interior enamel vessel is superb for homemade artisan bread evenly baking dough at 450 degrees into the oval shape for a beautiful presentation on the table. Baked turkey or chicken fit comfortably in the elongated shape with the iconic triple ring design on the lid with oversized handles and a phenolic knob heat resistant to 500 degrees.
The classic Le Creuset material of porcelain enamel over forged cast iron blends the timeless reliability expected from Le Creuset cookware with heat source compatibility of ceramic, electric, gas, halogen, induction, outdoor grill and traditional oven.The Le Creuset French oven or Dutch oven excels at moisture retention while ingredients simmer away without scorching while you do other things. Baked on macaroni and cheese cleans up easily with hot soapy water and no scrubbing. Le Creuset bakeware promises a lifetime of joyful cooking for others.
- Color: Soleil or yellow
- Sand-colored interior enamel
- Oversized handles and knob
- Ergonomic composite knobs are heat resistant to 500°F
- Built-in lid has secure fit
- Porcelain enamel over unsurpassed forged cast iron
- Dimensions: Length: 17" | Height: 7.25" | Width: 10.25"
- Heat sources: ceramic, electric, gas, halogen, induction, outdoor grill, oven
- Capacity: 8 qt.
- Lifetime warranty
- 1 (4-pound) boneless rib roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, peels removed
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided in half
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 8 ounces shiitake, baby Bella or oyster mushrooms
- 3 cups Swiss chard, rinsed and torn into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the rib roast in the Dutch oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, 1/2 cup butter, and parsley.
- Pulse until all ingredients are combined into a paste. Spread the paste evenly over the roast about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake 2 hours 20 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 145 F for medium rare.
- Remove the roast from the Dutch oven and set aside, keeping warm. Pour excess grease into a container to discard.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the pan over medium-high heat. Scrape any brown bits off the bottom.
- Add beef stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce by a third.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, then the mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add greens and saute until glossy and wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Return the roast to the Dutch oven and serve.
|Description Author||Dana G|
|Name||Le Creuset 8-Qt. Signature Oval French Oven in Soleil|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||024147273783|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Material||Cast Iron with Porcelain Enamel|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||5 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||France|
|Weight (in Lbs)||16.40|