You have no items in your shopping cart.
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Braiser - Signature 1.5 Quart Cherry Red
Transform inexpensive meats and poultry into tender, succulent comfort foods by using the Signature Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Braiser in Cherry Red. Impress your family and guests, even trim your food budget! This 1.5 quart braiser is designed specifically for traditional braising methods where first the food exterior is well-browned and caramelized on the stove top, then moved into the oven to finish low and slow.
A sand colored interior allows you to monitor the cooking process to give the best taste, appearance, and lock in valuable moisture. The investment into a Le Creuset enameled cast iron braiser will pay for itself over and over during a lifetime of use. Bring home this 1.5 Quart Le Creuset Cherry Red Braiser, and fill tummies with scrumptious creations only you can prepare!
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Braiser - Signature 1.5 Qt. Cherry Red Features:
- Blended vintage style and modern functions
- LeCreuset 1.5 quart braiser for use with small portions
- Use for roasts, short ribs, veal shanks, chicken pieces, or other classic braised food recipes
- Durable, solid construction with superior heat retention and radiation
- Superior performance during slow cooking and high temperature searing
- Designed to optimally brown surfaces and lock-in moisture
- Excellent for use with grill for BBQ braising
- Safe for use in refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher
- Safe heat sources for cooking - gas, electric, ceramic, halogen, induction, oven, and outdoor grills
- Hygienic porcelain enamel resists odors, flavors, stains, dulling, chipping, cracking
- Monitor food easy, prevent burning and sticking with interior sand-colored enamel coating
- 1.5 quart braiser and lid with ergonomic composite knob
- Lid stabilizers built in to give lid a secure, no-slide fit
- Le Creuset enameled cast iron braiser with lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron pieces available
- Ergonomic, over-sized handles for secure gripping while moving with even weight distribution
- Fantastic cold retention for chilling for use as serveware
- Maximum heat tolerance (includes composite knob) - 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Le Creuset enameled cast iron braiser capacity - 1.5 quarts
- Rich, warm Le Creuset Cherry Red color
- Original hand-crafted LeCreuset cookware design
- Slight variations from piece to piece
- LeCreuset Signature triple-ring details and gradient, vibrant colors
- Mix and match 1.5 quart braiser with a variety of LeCreuset tools and accessories
- Limited lifetime LeCreuset manufacturer's warranty
- Item # LS2532-2267
- Made in France
LeCreuset 1.5 Quart Braiser Dimensions - 8.67" D. x 3" H.
LeCreuset 1.5 Quart Braiser Shipping Weight - 7.6 lbs.
Crayfish Tails with Champagne Risotto
By Le Creuset
For the Crayfish Tails:
- 4 crayfish tails, cleaned and halved
- 50g unsalted butter
- 120ml Moët & Chandon champagne
For the Champagne Risotto:
- 400g Arborio risotto rice
- 2 litres light chicken stock, heated (you may not need it all)
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200ml Moët & Chandon champagne
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 80g butter, cubed and refrigerated
- 100g parmesan, finely grated
Add 50g butter to a 24cm Le Creuset Stainless Steel Uncoated Sauté Pan and heat over a medium heat until melted.
Add the crayfish tails flesh side down and cook for a minute or two – they should turn from translucent to white and look plump but without colour.
Turn the crayfish flesh-side up and add the champagne – it should bubble up as it hits the pot. Replace the lid and steam the crayfish for a minute or two, until they are just cooked and tender.
Melt the butter over medium heat in a Le Creuset Signature Buffet Casserole.
Once the butter is bubbling, add the onion and turn the heat down to medium-low. Cook the onion over medium-low heat until translucent but not browned – about 15 minutes (lid off) – stirring frequently.
Add the rice and stir well to coat with butter. Keep stirring to warm through the rice – another 5 to 6 minutes.
Turn the heat up to medium-high, pour in the champagne and cook, stirring, until the champagne is almost completely cooked away.
Set a timer for 17 minutes and begin by covering the rice with a layer of chicken stock – about two ladles. Stirring frequently, allow the rice to absorb all the stock, and only once it has been absorbed, add another ladle of stock.
Keep stirring and adding ladles of stock for 17 minutes.
Once the time is up, the risotto should be al dente (firm to the bite) and there should be just enough liquid to make a thick sauce around the rice.
It is now ready to be finished. Take the risotto off the heat, add all the cold butter and beat in vigorously with a spatula spoon until it is completely incorporated. Now add the parmesan and plenty of sea salt and black pepper and beat it in vigorously.
Serve immediately topped with the cooked crayfish and some of the buttery juices.
LeCreuset Bakeware, Cookware, and Dinnerware pieces are a statement of superior quality, brand longevity, and handcrafted original designs. The enameled cast iron cookware has the lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron pieces available with heat radiation and retention that no other type construction can achieve. The enameled stoneware compositions with unmatched thermal resistance prevent cracking, crazing, rippling, and chipping over a lifetime of consistent use. Le Creuset signature triple ring detailing is combined with vibrant, gradient colors which grace exteriors of every piece that can be mixed or matched with their large selection of types of kitchen tools and accessories. Since 1925, LeCreuset has expanded their manufacturing categories, but all this is founded on the bedrock of flawless perfection, hand-made individuality, and solid ties into classic French cooking excellence.
Questions on Le Creuset 1.5 Qt. Braiser - Cherry Red (LS2532-2267)
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Buy the whole set! Review by Meagan
There's nothing negative I could ever say about our experience with Le Creuset. Every piece they put out of their factory doors is perfect, and that's all you should ever expect from this company. (Posted on 4/26/16)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes
- Additional Information
Description Author Alecia K Name Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Braiser - 1.5 Qt. Cherry Red GTIIN / UPC Code 024147232513 Brands Le Creuset Type Braisers Options With Lid Material Cast Iron with Porcelain Enamel Color Red Capacity 1.5 Quart Size 8.67" Quantity Included 2 Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty Country of Manufacture France Shape Round Weight (in Lbs) 7.6