You have no items in your shopping cart.
Le Creuset Cast Iron Round French Oven - 9 Quart
This Cherry Red enameled French Oven is made in the famous Fresnoy-Le-Grand foundry, one at a time and by hand. The Le Creuset brand name has been crafted by the quality long lasting design of the French Ovens. The round French oven has been in most homes, restaurants around the world for generations. The quality of this French styled Dutch oven comes in many stylish colors and can be used for a wide variety of enduring jobs. The Le Creuset Dutch Oven come in sizes from 1 quart to 13 ¼ quarts. Le Creuset round ovens are made from the highest quality cast iron and give you the benefit of having enamel coated cast iron for cooking, and as a stylish serving dish. Le Creuset French Ovens are a great tool to have around the holidays, family gatherings, or occasional cooking.
The 9 Quart French Oven is a great size for family meals and big gatherings. This French Oven is the round style version with a classic LeCreuset Cherry Red enamel finish. Le Creuset's French Ovens have a full lifetime warranty and will with stand even the toughest jobs.
Le Creuset Signature French Oven / Dutch Oven Marseille 9 Quart (LS2501-3067) Features:
- Lifetime Le Creuset Warranty
- Le Creuset Cherry Red
- Round style french oven
- 12.25" diameter / 8.25" tall
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- Signature Lid knob is oven safe up to 480°F
- 9 Quart Le Creuset french oven size
- Le Creuset Dutch oven superior heat retention for cooking on the stovetop or finishing in the oven
- French Oven Even heat distribution
- Durable, nonreactive sand colored enamel interior
- Enamel smooth surface for cooking, as well as an optimal palette for food presentation
- A secure lid that locks in heat and moisture while cooking
- The lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron cookware available
- Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen, Induction, Oven & Stovetop Cooking
- Dishwasher safe french oven
- Made In France
- Item # LS2501-3067
DUTCH OVEN BREAD
By Le Creuset
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- Vegetable oil or vegetable oil spray
- Olive oil
Remove the bowl from the mixer and cover it with a pot lid or plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in size and does not spring back when you push your finger into it, 2 to 4 hours.
Turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead it to release the gas and redistribute the yeast. Shape it roughly into a ball, cover it with a towel, and let stand for 10 minutes to allow the gluten to relax.
Shape the dough into a tight ball – the tighter the better – by rolling it on the work surface between your palms.
Spray or coat the bottom and sides of a your Cherry Red Dutch Oven (5 1/2 quarts or larger) with vegetable oil. Put the dough in the center of the pot and place the lid on. Allow the dough to rise again, 30 to 60 minutes (less if it’s very hot and humid, more if it’s cold).
Preheat the oven to 450 F.
Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil, or more if you like, gently over the surface of the dough. Score the bread with a sharp knife or razor, making an X or a hash mark; this will allow the dough to expand freely. Sprinkle the dough with salt. Cover the pot and place it in the oven.
After 30 minutes, remove the lid, reduce the oven temperature to 375 F, and continue baking until the bread is nicely browned and cooked through. It should have an internal temperature of 200 F or so when done.
Allow the bread to rest on a rack for at least 30 minutes so that the interior finishes cooking.
|Name||Le Creuset Signature 9 QT French Oven - Cherry Red|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||024147230946|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||France|
|Weight (in Lbs)||16|