You have no items in your shopping cart.
Le Creuset Signature Series Cast Iron Braiser Pan
Le Creuset Braiser Pan - Marseille Blue
The Le Creuset Braiser Pan made of enameled cast iron hales from France with precision craftsmanship and quality that will last a lifetime. Both wet and dry heats break tough meats and tenderize fresh vegetables. This 3.5 quart Le Creuset braiser in Marseille Blue is the perfect family size. So weather you are cooking up delicate jasmine rice or making a heavy stew the Le Creuset Cast Iron braiser is a great choice to get the job done.
What does the Le Creuset Signature Series offer over the Regular Series?
The Le Creuset Signature Series offers a larger handles, 45% larger to be precise. The larger handles allow a firm grip, especially with oven mitts. The Signature Series also offer a larger composite knob. This knob withstands temperatures up to 480ºF, instead of the normal 350ºF. The last key feature the Signature Series has is an advanced sand-colored interior enamel. This advanced enamel has a greater resistance to wear then the Regular Series offers.
Le Creuset Marseille Blue Cast Iron Signature Braiser Features (LS2532-3059) Features:
- 3.5 quart capacity Le Creuset braiser
- Includes Limited Lifetime Le Creuset Warranty
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- Interior enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling
- Sand-colored interior enamel makes it easy to monitor food as it cooks
- Oversized handles provide even weight distribution and a secure grip
- Ergonomic composite knobs are heat resistant to 500°F
- Built-in lid stabilizers provide a secure, no-slide fit
- Cast Iron braiser pan construction
- The lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron cookware available
- Safe for Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen, Induction, Oven & Stovetop Cooking
- Dishwasher Safe cast iron braiser pan
- Dimensions: 11.5" | Height: 5"
- Le Creuset # LS2532-3059
- Made in France
Cod Baked on Braised Saffron and Tomato Potatoes
- 1kg floury potatoes, peeled
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 (approx. 600g) small vine tomatoes – peeled and deseeded
- 300ml chicken stock
- The leaves from 2 sprigs thyme, plus extra to garnish
- A good pinch of saffron strands
- 6×175-200g pieces thick cod fillet, skinned
- 25g butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large free-range egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp harissa paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150ml olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400F / Gas Mark 6. For fan assisted electric ovens reduce the temperature by 20°C
Peel the potatoes and cut them across into 1cm thick slices.
Heat the extra virgin olive oil and sliced garlic in the casserole, as soon as the garlic starts to sizzle, add the tomatoes and cook for 4 minutes until soft. Stir in the potatoes, chicken stock, thyme, saffron and ½ teaspoon of salt. Part-cover with the lid and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, carefully turning the potato slices over half way through. Cook until the potatoes are almost tender and the liquid is partly-reduced.
For the harissa mayonnaise; put the egg yolk, lemon juice and salt into a small mixing bowl and place the bowl on a tea towel or damp cloth to stop it slipping. Using an electric hand held whisk or wire whisk, beat in the harissa and garlic, then very gradually drizzle in the oil, beating all the time, until you have a thick, mayonnaise-like mixture.
Brush the pieces of cod fillet on both sides with some of the melted butter, then season well with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan (TNS) over a high heat. Add the pieces of fish, skin-side down and cook for 4 minutes until nicely golden. Turn the fish over and cook for 2 minutes.
Uncover the potatoes and place the fish on top, skinned-side down. Slide the casserole into the oven and roast for 5-7 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through.
Carefully lift the cod onto a plate and spoon some of the potatoes into the centre of 4 warmed soup plates. Place the cod on top, garnish with a few thyme leaves and serve with a spoonful of the harissa mayonnaise.
Questions on Le Creuset Braiser 3.5 Qt - LA2532-3059
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Name Le Creuset Braiser 3.5 Quart - LeCreuset Signature Series - Marseille Blue GTIIN / UPC Code 00024147231400 Brands Le Creuset Type Braisers Home or Commercial Home Material Cast Iron Color Blue Capacity 3.5 Quart Size 11.5" Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty Country of Manufacture France Weight (in Lbs) 10