You have no items in your shopping cart.
Le Creuset Stoneware Cake Plate - Pink - Pedestal 12" Diameter
For the discriminating cook that desires the high standard virtues of excellence in function and construction mixed heavily with lasting style, LeCreuset presents a line of traditional enameled stoneware that has improved use performance for your kitchen with modern updates. This Pink LeCreuset Stoneware Cake Plate will display your cakes in classic, vintage style with Le Creuset's signature triple ring design and vibrant, gradient colors.
The pedestal cake stand is a wide 12" diameter, so it will accommodate cake baking pans up to 10" in diameter. Prepare bundts, springforms, and square, petal, heart, or hexagon formed pan cakes and slice portions for a crowd without worry that knives and serving utensils will scratch this durable stoneware cake plate. The investment in long-lasting quality will pay for itself and over when you proudly use this 12" Le Creuset Pedestal Cake Stand in Pink for family meals or special events.
LeCreuset Hibiscus Pink Stoneware Cake Plate Pedestal (PG8600-2319) Features:
- Includes Limited 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- LeCreuset Stoneware Cake Plate Pedestal - 12 Inch Diameter Pink
- Thermal resistant stoneware and enamel construction
- Safe for use in dishwasher, oven, microwave
- One piece Le Creuset pedestal cake stand
- Stoneware and enamel minimizes moisture absorption preventing chipping, cracking, crazing, rippling
- Hygienic enamel resists odors, flavors, stains, scratches
- Strong, durable thick LeCreuset stoneware
- LeCreuset stoneware cake plate accommodates up to 10" diameter cakes
- Nearly non-stick characteristics releases food easy and cleans quick
- Updated performance and appearance
- Signature triple-ring details and gradient, vibrant colors
- Classic Le Creuset pedestal cake stand in pink gradient color
- Mix and match with a variety of LeCreuset tools and accessories
- Maximum heat temperature - 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Original hand-crafted stoneware design
- Slight variations from piece to piece
- Dimensions - 11.75" D. x 3" H.
- Le Creuset # PG8600-23419
Chocolate Cake with Sesame Seed Brittle
By Le Creuset
For the chocolate cake:
- 5 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 130g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder
For the chocolate mousse:
- 50ml milk
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250g egg white (approximately 7 egg whites)
- 25g caster sugar
- 500ml whipping cream
For the ganache:
- 200ml double cream
- 400g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
For the topping:
- 100ml water
- 130g white sugar
- 50g sesame seeds
To make the chocolate cake: Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4.
Whisk the eggs and the sugar together in a bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of hot water and continue to beat until thick. Sieve the flour together with the cocoa powder and carefully fold this into the batter. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tin.
To make the chocolate mousse: Bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan and remove from the heat, then add the chocolate and stir until melted.
In a scrupulously clean bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed. Add the sugar one tablespoon at a time and continue to whisk until the mixture is stiff and
shiny. It should hold its form when the bowl is tipped.
Carefully fold in the chocolate mixture. Whip the cream to form soft peaks, fold in to the chocolate mixture and leave in the refrigerator to set.
Cut the cake horizontally and pipe the mousse onto the bottom half. Put the top of the cake back in place and press down gently. Place the cake on a rack.
To make the ganache: Bring the cream to boiling point, remove from the heat, add the chocolate, and stir well until the chocolate has melted. Allow to cool a little before pouring the ganache onto the cake evenly. Gently tap the rack so that the chocolate runs off smoothly.
To make the topping: Dissolve the sugar in the water and boil for 3 minutes, then add the sesame seeds. Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment then carefully pour the sesame seed mixture over and bake in the oven at 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4 until brittle and pale to light brown. Allow to cool, chop finely and sprinkle over the cake.
PG8600-2319 Le Creuset Pedestal Cake Stand Care and Use:
- Do not place onto stove top or use with direct heat or flames
- Use oven mitts when heated
- Follow manufacturer cleaning instructions
- Use only as directed by manufacturer if heating
Le Creuset Bakeware, Cookware, and Dinnerware pieces are a statement of superior quality, brand longevity, and handcrafted original designs. The enameled stoneware compositions with unmatched thermal resistance prevent cracking, crazing, rippling, and chipping over a lifetime of consistent use. The enameled cast iron pieces radiate and retain heat in a manner that no other type construction can achieve. Le Creuset signature triple ring detailing is combined with vibrant, gradient colors which grace exteriors of every piece that can be mixed or matched with their large selection of types of kitchen tools and accessories. Since 1925, Le Creuset has expanded their manufacturing categories, but all this is founded on the bedrock of flawless perfection, hand-made individuality, and solid ties into classic French cooking excellence.
Questions on LeCreuset Pedestal Cake Stand - Pink (PG8600-2319)
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Description Author Alecia Kay Name LeCreuset Stoneware Cake Plate - 12" Hibiscus Pink GTIIN / UPC Code 630870109574 Brands Le Creuset Type Cake Plates Home or Commercial Home Material Porcelain Enameled Stoneware Color Pink Size 12" Quantity Included 1 Manufacturer's Warranty 5 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty Country of Manufacture China Shape Round Weight (in Lbs) 3.5