You have no items in your shopping cart.
Le Creuset Signature Round French Oven -5.5 qt. Marseille Enameled Cast Iron
What is the Difference Between a French and a Dutch Oven?
Nothing! The cookware just takes the name of the country it is produced in. So French or Dutch this enameled cast iron Le Creuset cookware piece will be a prefect addition to your kitchen and fill your slow cooking needs.
The 5.5qt Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Dutch Oven is made of oven safe enameled cast iron offered in a variety of colors. This marseille enameled Le Creuset Signature Round French Oven has a clean and classic style all its own. Like all Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware it is recommended that you hand wash, but this french oven is dishwasher safe making clean up easy.
Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron French Oven Product (LS2501-2659) Features:
- 5.5 quart capacity french oven
- Round French oven made of enameled cast iron
- NEW: Signature Lid.
- Durable colored porcelain enamel finishes
- Many enamel color finished to choose from
- Cast iron dutch oven loop handles
- Cast Iron dutch oven is safe to use with gas, electric, ceramic, halogen, induction, oven and stovetop heat sources
- Oven safe dutch oven up to 480-Degree F
- Heavy fitted lid locks in heat, moisture, and flavor
- Phenolic french oven lid knob
- Washing french oven by hand is recommended
- Dishwasher safe Le Creuset french oven
- The lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron dutch oven available
- Includes Limited Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- Item # LS2501-2659
Le Creuset Dutch Oven Dimensions: 10 1/4" x 4 1/2"
Le Creuset Dutch Oven Shipping Weight: 11.4 lbs
WHITE BEAN, CHORIZO, & CAVOLO NERO SOUP
By Le Creuset
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion – halved and thinly sliced
- ½ tsp crushed dried chillies
- 225g dried white beans, such as haricot or cannellini – soaked overnight
- 200g smoked dry-cured bacon lardons
- 225g spicy cooking chorizo – skinned and sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 medium-hot green chilli – stalk removed and thinly sliced
- 650g peeled floury potatoes, such as King Edwards – cut into small chunks
- 600ml light chicken or vegetable stock
- 250g cavolo nero leaves – washed
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in the casserole. Add the onion and crushed dried chillies, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until soft but not browned. Scoop half the onion and chilli mixture into a small bowl and set to one side.
Drain the soaked beans and add them to the pan with 1 litre of fresh cold water. Bring to a simmer, part-cover and cook gently for 45 minutes – 1 hour until the beans are tender. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, simmer for a further 5 minutes, then tip them into a colander set over a bowl to collect the cooking liquid. Measure this and make up to 600ml with water if necessary. If more, return it to the pan and boil until it has reduced to the required amount. Set to one side with the onions.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the cleaned casserole. Add the bacon lardons and fry for 3 minutes until lightly browned. Add the chorizo sausage and fry for another 1- 2 minutes until these too are lightly browned. Add the garlic and green chilli and fry gently for another minute, make sure that the garlic does not brown.
Stir in the reserved fried onion and chillies, the potatoes, bean cooking liquid, stock, ½ teaspoon of salt and some pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are almost soft.
Meanwhile, slice the green leaves of the cavolo nero away from either side of the thin stalks. Discard the stalks, bunch up the leaves and slice them across into 2.5cm wide strips.
Stir the cabbage into the soup, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover, stir in the cooked beans and simmer for another 2 – 3 minutes until the cabbage leaves are tender, the beans have heated through and the potatoes are just beginning to break apart. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve sprinkled with some chopped flat leaf parsley
Cast Iron Dutch Oven Lifetime Limited Warranty – Le Creuset ® of America, Inc.
What does this warranty cover?
Le Creuset cookware is warranted to you by Le Creuset of America, Inc. to be free from defects in material and workmanship at the time of its purchase. For this Lifetime Limited Warranty to apply, you must follow the care and use instructions provided with the 5.5qt Le Creuset Cast Iron Dutch Oven. This warranty covers normal household use only..
Questions on Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron 5.5qt Round French Oven - LS2501-2659
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
5 Stars!!!!! Review by Meagan
There's nothing negative I could ever say about our experience with Le Creuset. Every piece they put out of their factory doors is perfect, and that's all you should ever expect from this company. (Posted on 4/26/16)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes
- Additional Information
Name Le Creuset Signature 5.5 QT Round French Oven - Marseille Blue GTIIN / UPC Code 00024147231745 Brands Le Creuset Type Dutch Ovens Options With Lid Home or Commercial Home Material Cast Iron Color Blue Capacity 5.5 Quart Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty Weight (in Lbs) 12