You have no items in your shopping cart.
Mauviel Cookware Carbon Steel Wok - M'Steel Collection - 30 cm./11.8" D.
The rustic beauty and remarkable performance of professional grade carbon steel cookware is yours with the Mauviel Cookware M'Steel Collection. With a concept design like that of traditional cast iron cookware pieces, this Mauviel M'Steel Wok is built to take the punishing heat of the highest temperatures, while resisting odors and allowing for longer preheat times. The black color is created due to exposure to heat over time in the final manufacturing process. Natural non-stick qualities are added to this wok as part of the proper pan seasoning provided before and after use. This is a similar process to the care and conditioning of cast iron. The range of Asian cooking techniques can be used with this wok including, poaching, boiling, searing, stewing, deep frying, steaming, and of course stir frying. Less typical uses can also be found for this wonderful wok like scrambling eggs which cook instantly, toasting nuts without having them burn, combining sauces into pasta before serving with plenty of room for tossing, and more. This wok pan will do all the heavy duty work, and go from stove-top to oven perfectly. The Mauviel Cookware M'Steel Wok is safe for all cook tops and metal utensils can be used freely. Commercial grade durability and Mauviel superior construction are yours to enjoy with the M'Steel Carbon Steel Wok.
Mauviel Cookware - 11.8" M'Steel Wok Features:
- Excellent heat conductivity
- Designed in concept like traditional cast iron cookware pieces
- Black carbon steel wok
- High density steel to resist odors, withstand high temperatures, and allows longer preheating
- Fantastic searing qualities to seal in nutrients and flavors
- Black finished steel as part of final heat process of manufacturing, color changes due to heating over time
- Natural non-stick qualities after proper seasoning
- Safe with very high temperatures and metal utensils
- Lighter weight than any cast iron
- Mauviel cookware wok with commercial grade durability
- Hand-wash only - use hot water immediately after use, wipe clean immediately with paper towel, store in a dry place
- Safe for all cook tops including induction
- Finish the foods in the oven
- Perfect for all kinds of Asian style cooking
- Also performs many useful applications outside Asian style - scrambling eggs, toasting nuts, and more
- Carbon steel wok diameter - 11.8"/30 cm.
- NSF approved
- Mauviel cookware made in France
- Oil wok with paper toweling prior storage
- Handles stay cooler than traditional metal handles while used on stove tops
- All handles get extremely hot during oven use
- Do not bleach black carbon steel wok
- Mauviel M'Steel Wok - 11.8" Diameter
How to Season Mauviel Cookware - M'Steel Wok:
Before first use or after intensive cleaning - After purchase, remove beeswax protective coating with very hot soapy water. Wipe interior of pan with paper toweling with any kind flavorless cooking oil. Heat oiled pan for 10 minutes while empty till oil liquefies for 10 minutes. At this point turn heat off and allow to cool completely. Repeat this process a second time for completed seasoning.
"What the French Mamas Use, Instead of Cast Iron"
Mauviel has been manufacturing premium quality cookware of made of copper since 1830. Starting in the marketplaces of hotels and restaurants in France,professional chefs became enamored with Mauviel cookware quality, design, and performance. As years passed, stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminum constructions were added to their collections of products. Now, household cooks have the same access to the elegant style and superior characteristics of Mauviel cookware. A 7th generation family business, Mauviel is still privately-owned and committed to manufacturing exceptional cookware that professional chefs and home cooks fall in love with.
Questions on Mauviel M'Steel Wok - 11.8" (3632.30)
- From Julie at 1/1/15 5:36 AM
Ask Your Own Question
taking off beeswax with hot water Review by over the hill bill
I am satisfied with both this vendor and mauviel wok, but as per instructions, I washed it with HOT SOAPY WATER, and the beeswax stuck onto the pan, especially on the outside. now and why I am writing this review for someone else, I heated water in 2 large pans, and used that. could that possibly have been too hot to wash the beeswax off?? maybe I should have just stayed with the hot water out of the tap, and then gone to heating it on the stove if I had needed to. otherwise, this pans looks great to me, have not used it yet, but I will asap. (Posted on 1/19/16)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Likely
- Additional Information
Description Author Alecia K Name Mauviel Cookware - M'Steel Wok - 30 cm./11.8" D. GTIIN / UPC Code 3574903632301 Brands Mauviel Type Woks Options Without Lid Material Carbon Steel Color Steel Quantity Included 1 Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty (excludes commercial use) Country of Manufacture France Weight (in Lbs) 3