You have no items in your shopping cart.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer - Artisan Metallic Chrome
2015 Consumer Reports' Recommended Mixer
KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, Metallic Chrome
This Metallic Chrome KitchenAid Artisan Mixer has a 325-watt motor, 5 quart bowl with ergonomic handle, pouring shield and a tilt-back mixer head design that provides easy access to bowl and beaters.
Selecting the Right Shade:
In the Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer series, there are 3 different shades of grey/silver available, which can be confusing to the customer. The Kitchenaid Artisan Silver Metallic (KSM150PSSM) has a textured and slightly matte finish. The Metallic Chrome (KSM150PSMC) has a high gloss finish with a lighter metallic flake. The Contour Silver (KSM150PSCU) has a high gloss finish with a slightly darker flake than the Metallic Chrome.
Metallic Chrome Kitchen Aid Mixer Features:
325 Watt Motor
10-Speed Solid-State Control
5 Quart Stainless Steel Bowl with Handle
Includes Flat Beater, Dough Hook and Wire Whip
Includes Pouring Shield for mess-free mixing and ingredient adding
Power Hub for Additional Attachments
Unique Mixing Action
Assembled with Pride in Greenville, Ohio, USA
- Approximate Dimensions 14 1/2"H x 14"D x 8 1/2W
- Approximately 17 3/4"H with the head tilted back
A mechanical polishing process is used in KitchenAid stainless steel bowls to provide a sleek and shiny finish. Occasionally, new stand mixer bowls may have residue within the bowl that cannot be removed using a dishwasher. This residue can discolor food items mixed within the bowl and is not harmful in any way.
To remove excess residue:
Wash the bowl with warm water and an abrasive cleaning agent such as ajax, or use food safe alternatives such as lemon juice and salt, or baking soda to thoroughly clean the bowl. This residue will not damage the lifespan of the KitchenAid mixing bowl, and no replacements will be provided.
Questions on KitchenAid 5 Quart Artisan Stand Mixer - Metallic Chrome
- From kim at 12/20/14 9:28 AM
- I am trying to decide between the artisan and one of the professional 475 or 575 mixers. I would hate t purchase an artisan only to find the professional would have been more useful. Any tips? Also why does the artisan have a pouring shield but the professionals do not?
- Choosing between a KitchenAid Artisan mixer and the KitchenAid Pro Series ultimately depends on whether you are a heavy or light baker. The KitchenAid Pro Series of stand mixers boast larger watt motors that are capable of handling large volumes of baking flour and specialty flours for pastries and breads. Included with the KitchenAid 6 Quart Pro Series is a pouring shield. There is no specific methodology as to why some KitchenAid mixers come with pouring shields while others do not, althought a pouring shield can always be purchased individually for your mixer.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- From kim at 12/20/14 9:28 AM
KitchenAid 5 Quart Artisian Stand Mixer - Metallic Chrome with Flex Edge Beater Review by Karen
The Metallic Chrome Artisan Stand Mixer is my first and I absolutely love it. It is absolutely beautiful. The ordering process was quick and easy and the coupon was applied immediately which I loved and it was delivered on time. Very easy to use and I highly recommend it.
(Posted on 2/10/16)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes
Lacking a good beat Review by Guest
The mixer has been quite helpful and is well built. The engine is a little weak for dough but still I am quite pleased with the overall performance. It would be nice to have a better beater attachment to blend more evenly but in general the quality is as expected for a mixer. (Posted on 8/23/11)
The Best! Review by Guest
The mixer Review by Guest
Still the best. Review by Guest
Have one for years, bought this one for my daughter. The metallic chrome stand mixer is so beautiful. Works well in all regards. Received rebate, no problem, excellent delivery! (Posted on 5/12/11)
Kitchenaid Mixer 5 Quart Review by Guest
Disappointed Review by Guest
Truthfully, my Mom's old Sunbeam stand mixer was a much better product than this Kitchenaid Artisan. For the price, I was very disappointed. The surface scratches too easily, too. And to add insult to injury, KitchenAid did not even send my $30 rebate, after 3 requests. (Posted on 5/11/11)
- Additional Information
Product Manual Name KitchenAid 5 Quart Artisan Stand Mixer - Metallic Chrome GTIIN / UPC Code 00050946908366 Brands Kitchenaid Type Tilt-Head Stand Mixers Material Steel Color Silver Capacity 5 Quart Manufacturer's Warranty 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty Wattage Range 250 - 499 Weight (in Lbs) 27.0000