You have no items in your shopping cart.
Artisan 8" Chef's Knife - by Miyabi
Slice, dice, and mince to perfection with Miyabi's Artisan 8" Chef's Knife! This blade was crafted from high-carbon stainless steel, hammered with a Tsuchime finish to resist sticking, and then ice-hardened to 63° Rockwell Hardness for incredible strength, sharpness, and aesthetics. Miyabi's Artisan 8" Chef's Knife is a versatile tool ideal for slicing anything from soft tomatoes to large slabs of meat!
Miyabi Artisan 8" Chef's Knife Features
- Full tang
- Dishwasher safe
- Hand-honed blade
- Attractive mosaic pin
- Stainless steel end cap
- Ice-hardened to 63° Rockwell Hardness
- Pakka wood handle with brass and red spacers
- SG2 power-steel core clad in nickel and stainless steel
- Hammered Tsuchime finish prevents sticking
- Corrosion resistant
- Rust resistant
- Made in Japan
- Item # : 34073-203
Miyabi - "The Beauty of Sharpness"
Miyabi knives are a realization of the joint efforts of Zwilling J.A. Henckels with Chef Rokusaburo Michiba, the first Japanese Iron Chef on the television series "Iron Chef." His philosophy, "there is no borders to ingredients," continues to bear testimony in this cooperative combination. Miyabi knives are a synthesis of the traditions and craftsmanship of Japanese sword makers with the precise engineering and manufacturing of German knives. Miyabi is characterized by traditional Japanese blade designs that possess exceptional sharpness with the sophisticated "D shape" comfort handle. Each collection of Miyabi kitchen knives is an expression of the refined beauty, finesse, and distinction that defines Japanese culture.
Care & Use of Miyabi Knives:
- Care important to avoid corrosion and damage
- Hand-wash only under running water with tiny amount of detergent
- Dry knife thoroughly
- Do not allow to remain wet or dirty for long periods
- Wrap in newspaper and store in dry place if knife not used for an extended period
- Follow manufacturer directions to increase life span of knife
- Do not force cutting action
- Do not use on frozen or hard food
- Do not use to cut hard-shell crustaceans
- Do not twist blade or use to pry
- Always use appropriate cutting surfaces, no glass or ceramics
- To resharpen, use professional sharpening stones or manufacturer sharpening steels
- Sharpen first with coarse grit stone and follow with fine finishing stone
Questions on Miyabi Artisan 8" Chef's Knife
- From JoEl at 12/8/16 10:06 AM
- What is the difference between the Kaizen line and the Artisan line, specifically the the 8" Chef Knife
What a great line of knives to inquire about!
One of the noticable differences is that the handle is different. The Artisan line has more of the wood grain look on the handle, whereas the Kaizen line has a black handle. Also the Kaizen has the "D-shape" handle design for long-time comfortable and durable use. Both of these knives have 2 different designs The Artisan knife has a Hammered Tsuchime finish prevents sticking, and the Kaizen has a Damascus flower pattern. Also the Kaizen has also be used as trio position motions - circular, rocking, chopping, where as the Artisan does not.
Both knives are exceptional to have, but both are 2 different designed knives.
Hope this helps! Enjoy your day and Happy Holidays!
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- From JoEl at 12/8/16 10:06 AM
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Description Author Sierra Welch Name Miyabi Artisan 8" Chef's Knife GTIIN / UPC Code 035886308025 Brands Miyabi Product Line Artisan Type Chef's Knives Options Stamped Home or Commercial Home Material Stainless Steel Color Steel Size 8" Quantity Included 1 Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty Country of Manufacture Japan Weight (in Lbs) 0.6000