You have no items in your shopping cart.
Miyabi Japanese Knives - 9" Sharpening Steel - Birchwood Collection
The beauty, elegance, and extraordinary attributes of Miyabi Japanese knives will captivate you from the first time you hold these exceptional pieces of cutlery. And to keep your Miyabi knives in perfect slicing, cutting, and dicing condition, you will need an excellent sharpening steel to remove any burrs and niches. The Birchwood 9" Sharpening Steel matches your Birchwood collection Japanese knives, rounding out any set you choose to put together for you own personal needs. The sharpening steel realigns the edge and returns each knife to to scalpel-sharp condition, and ready to prepare the thinnest slices of meats or even carve vegetables. The functional elegance of Miyabi knives and this matching honing steel are an investment in art, tradition, construction, design and style for the discriminating that always looks for the absolute best for their kitchens.
Karelian (Masur) Birch is a prized wood used mostly for fine furniture, instrument making, inlaying and veneers, and now in this line of Birchwood Miyabi knives. The creamy white background is rippled with tan "flames" and darker brown burls. Found in Finland and Poland, but primarily Russia, this exquisitely decorated wood was the only choice used for knife handles prepared to craft Faberge eggs. Miyabi knives are a work of art already, and much more so with the Karelian Birchwood handles.
Miyabi Knives - Birchwood - 9" Sharpening Steel
- Exclusive German Zwilling formula SG2 stainless steel
- Karelian (Masur) Birch handle construction with mosaic pin, two red spacers, end cap with logo
- Sharpening steel length - 9 inches
- Strong, sturdy, durable construction
- Perfectly-balanced designs
- Use to keep Miyabi knives in scalpel-sharp condition
- Removes burrs and niches
- Realigns edges
- Sharpening steel matches Birchwood Collection Japanese knives
- Hand-wash only as needed
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Miyabi knives made in Seki, Japan by Zwilling J.A. Henckels Japan
Miyabi - "The Beauty of Sharpness" - Birchwood Collection
The lovely 101 layer Damascus flower patterned Miyabi knives are an artist's creation of banding and mottling that is individual to each knife. This type of steel has its origins in the swords of the Middle Ages, but was created in India. Damascus steel is noted for extreme hardness, durability, resistance to shattering, and fine honing qualities. Underneath the Damascus steel of these Miyabi knives lies core of Zwilling J.A. Henckels formula SG2 alloyed stainless steel which is made with high carbon content of superior quality. Taken together, the blade materials and fabrication are the optimum choice for those that want only the best.
Each blade undergoes a unique Zwilling J.A. Henckels trademarked CRYODUR® 4-step hardening process that maximizes the properties of the steel used for these Miyabi knives. Hardening is completed in a state-of-the-art, vacuum-sealed furnace, then rapid quenching takes place to return the blade to room temperature in seconds. A cryogenic treatment process places the blade into -321 degrees Fahrenheit conditions to increase the resistance to corrosion. Double tempering boosts overall blade toughness. Miyabi knives express Zwilling J.A. Henkels commitment to high performance German manufacturing.
Miyabi knives are a realization of the joint efforts of Zwilling J.A. Henckels with Chef Rokusaburo Michiba, the first Japanese Iron Chef on the television series "Iron Chef." His philosophy, "there is no borders to ingredients," continues to bear testimony in this cooperative combination. Miyabi knives are a synthesis of the traditions and craftsmanship of Japanese sword makers with the precise engineering and manufacturing of German knives. Miyabi is characterized by traditional Japanese blade designs that possess exceptional sharpness with the sophisticated "D shape" comfort handle. Each collection of Miyabi kitchen knives is an expression of the refined beauty, finesse, and distinction that defines Japanese culture.
Care & Use of Miyabi Knives
- Care important to avoid corrosion and damage
- Hand-wash only under running water with tiny amount of detergent
- Dry knife thoroughly
- Do not allow to remain wet or dirty for long periods
- Wrap in newspaper and store in dry place if knife not used for an extended period
- Follow manufacturer directions to increase life span of knife
- Do not force cutting action
- Do not use on frozen or hard food
- Do not use to cut hard-shell crustaceans
- Do not twist blade or use to pry
- Always use appropriate cutting surfaces, no glass or ceramics
- To resharpen, use professional sharpening stones or manufacturer sharpening steels
- Sharpen first with coarse grit stone and follow with fine finishing stone
Questions on Miyabi Knives Birchwood - Sharpening Steel (32541-230)
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Description Author Alecia Kay Name Miyabi Knives - 9" Sharpening Steel for Japanese Knives - Birchwood SG2 GTIIN / UPC Code 035886285074 Brands Miyabi Type Knife Sharpening Steels Home or Commercial Home Material Wood and Steel Color Steel, Wood Size 9" Quantity Included 1 Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty (excludes wood handles) Country of Manufacture Japan Weight (in Lbs) 0.9