You have no items in your shopping cart.
Miyabi Japanese Knives - 10" Inch Chef's Knife - Fusion 600D Morimoto Edition
Born from a collaboration of Zwilling J.A. Henckels with Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto, the Miyabi Fusion 600D Japanese Knives are indeed a synthesis of East and West that will fully delight the discriminating professional chef or home cook. Miyabi knives have authentic, thin-profiled Japanese blades that have been honed to a Katana edge similar to samurai swords. You will turn to this 10" chef's knife to perform the basic trio of cutting motions of circular-action, chopping, and rocking. The scalpel-like sharpness of this all-purpose chef's knife will thrill you when it is used for cutting vegetables and fruits, slicing and dicing fish and meats, or even turning herbs into fine ribbons to add to salad dressings or sauces. This Miyabi knife is perfectly balanced, light-weight, and versatile. The functional elegance of Miyabi knives are an investment in art, tradition, construction, design and style for the selective person wanting choice quality for their kitchens.
The lovely 65 layer Damascus flower patterned Miyabi knives are an artist's creation of banding and mottling that is individual to each knife. This type of steel has its origins in the swords of the Middle Ages, but was created in India. Damascus steel is noted for extreme hardness, durability, resistance to shattering, and fine honing qualities. Underneath the Damascus steel of these Miyabi knives lies core of Zwilling J.A. Henckels formula VG10 (CMV60) super steel of superior quality. These blades with the Rockwell hardness of 60, have a superior cutting edge retention, with maximized corrosion retention, and hardness. Taken together, the blade materials and fabrication are the premium choice for those that want the best.
The blade undergoes a unique Zwilling J.A. Henkels trademarked CRYODUR® 4-step hardening process that maximizes the properties of the steel used for these Miyabi knives. Hardening is completed in a state-of-the-art, vacuum-sealed furnace, then rapid quenching takes place to return the blade to room temperature in seconds. A cryogenic treatment process places the blade into -321 degrees Fahrenheit conditions to increase the resistance to corrosion. Double tempering boosts overall blade toughness. Miyabi knives express Zwilling J.A. Henkels commitment to high performance German manufacturing.
The Honbazuke method is uniquely a Japanese method of sharpening knives and swords. Each blade honed to the Katana edge with an angle of between 9.5 and 12 degrees per side by a skilled artisan. This specific acute angle results in phenomenal blade sharpness like a surgeon's scalpel. Controlled checking of angle and sharpness is made on each individual Miyabi knife with a laser for the utmost exactness. This Japanese geometry combined with German technology makes knife accuracy that prepares the thinnest sliced sushi fishes to complex vegetable carvings of birds or animals with ease and swiftness.
The Western-style handle is completely ergonomic and ambidextrous. A layered plastic resin, Duracon, is used for the handles of Fusion 600D Miyabi knives to ensure high standards of proper hygiene, health, and food safety. This triple-riveted black handle has red spacers for beauty, and a full tang for increased balance and leverage.
Miyabi Knives - Fusion Morimoto Edition - 10" Chef's Knife Features:
- Sharpness, design, geometry of Japanese traditional knife blades
- Exclusive German Zwilling formula VG10 (CMV60) super steel
- Damascus flower pattern 65-layer Miyabi knife
- Fusion blades with Rockwell hardness of 60
- Blade with maximized corrosion resistance, toughness, and edge retention
- CRYODUR® 4-step hardening process used
- Mirror polished to reveal one of a kind pattern
- Katana edge hand-finished by artisans using 3-step Honbazuke method
- Western-style ergonomic and ambidextrous handle
- Three rivet, full tang handle with red accent spacers
- Duracon plastic resin handle construction
- Food-safe, hygienic, durable
- Laser-controlled final blade edge
- Acute angle honing between 9.5 and 12 degrees
- per side for surgical scalpel blade edge
- Fully rounded spine and blade heel
- Miyabi Fusion Chef's Knife length - 10 inches
- All-purpose for triple motions of circular-action, rocking, chopping
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Miyabi Knives made in Seki, Japan by Zwilling J.A. Henkels Japan
Miyabi - "The Beauty of Sharpness"
Chef Masaharu Morimoto is recognized as the most famous Japanese Iron Chef from the television series "Iron Chef." His deft knife skills have won high praise and worldwide recognition. In his restaurants located in various metropolitan cities across the globe, his reputation for the seamless incorporation of Japanese color combinations and aromas, Chinese spices, Western ingredients, and a French presentation style have reigned supreme. Miyabi knives are a synthesis of the traditions and craftsmanship of Japanese sword makers with the precise engineering and manufacturing of German knives. So, it is appropriate then that Zwilling J.A. Henckels should combine creative forces with Iron Chef Morimoto to create series collections of Miyabi Japanese Knives. Miyabi is characterized by traditional Japanese blade designs that possess exceptional sharpness. Each collection of Miyabi kitchen knives is an expression of the refined beauty, finesse, and distinction that defines Japanese culture.
Care & Use of Miyabi Knives:
- Care important to avoid corrosion and damage
- Hand-wash only under running water with tiny amount of detergent
- Dry knife thoroughly
- Do not allow to remain wet or dirty for long periods
- Wrap in newspaper and store in dry place if knife not used for an extended period
- Follow manufacturer directions to increase life span of knife
- Do not force cutting action
- Do not use on frozen or hard food
- Do not use to cut hard-shell crustaceans
- Do not twist blade or use to pry
- Always use appropriate cutting surfaces, no glass or ceramics
- To resharpen, use professional sharpening stones or manufacturer steels
- Sharpen first with coarse grit stone and follow with fine finishing stone
|Description Author||Alecia K|
|Name||Miyabi Knives - 10" Chef's Japanese Knife - Fusion 600D Morimoto|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||035886276317|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Material||Steel & Polyresin Laminate|
|Color||Steel, Black, Red|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||Japan|
|Weight (in Lbs)||0.8|