You have no items in your shopping cart.
Miyabi Japanese Knives - 9.5 Inch Slicer & Carving Knife - Red 600S Morimoto Edition
Born from a collaboration of Zwilling J.A. Henckels with Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto, the Miyabi Red 600S Japanese Knives Series Collection are indeed a synthesis of East and West that will satisfy the quality needs of professional chefs and home cooks. Miyabi knives have authentic, thin-profiled Japanese blades that have been honed to a scalpel sharp edges. This 9.5" slicer and carving knife is a longer size needed for carving roasts, chickens, turkeys, or even hams. Swift and quick, this Miyabi knife will assist your preparations of both raw or cooked meats and poultry. The chef's knife will cut extra thin or super thick slices of proteins that are on or off the bone. This Miyabi knife is perfectly balanced, light-weight, and versatile. The functional elegance of Miyabi Knives are an investment in art, tradition, construction, design and style for anyone that wants excellent quality cutlery for their kitchens.
Red 600S Morimoto Edition Miyabi Knives are made of Zwilling J.A. Henckels' super steel formula of superior quality. Each blade is forged from a single piece of this unique steel using the trademarked process called SIGMAFORGE®. The knife then undergoes Zwilling J.A. Henkels' FRIODUR® ice hardening process to maximize the performance properties of the steel composition. The knives have a final Rockwell hardness of 57 which assures excellent cutting edge retention, maximized corrosion retention, and overall blade hardness. Miyabi Knives express Zwilling J.A. Henkels commitment to high performance German manufacturing.
The Honbazuke method is uniquely a Japanese method of sharpening knives and swords. Each blade honed to the an angle of between 9.5 and 12 degrees per side by a skilled artisan. This specific acute angle results in phenomenal blade sharpness like a surgeon's scalpel. Controlled checking of angle and sharpness is made on each individual Miyabi knife with a laser for the utmost exactness. This Japanese geometry combined with German technology makes knife accuracy that prepares the thinnest sliced sushi fishes to complex vegetable carvings of birds or animals with ease and swiftness.
The Western-style handle of each knife is completely ergonomic and ambidextrous. An enhanced plastic resin is used for the handles of Red 600S Morimoto Edition Miyabi Knives to ensure high standards of proper hygiene, health, and food safety. This triple-riveted black handle has red spacers for beauty, and a full tang for increased balance and leverage.
Miyabi Knives - Morimoto Edition Red 600S - 9.5" Slicer & Carving Knife Features:
- Sharpness, design, geometry of Japanese traditional knife blades
- Exclusive German Zwilling formula super steel
- SIGMAFORGE® process forges each blade from a single piece of steel
- Red 600S blades with Rockwell hardness of 57
- FRIODUR® ice hardening process to optimize steel composition properties
- Blade with maximized corrosion resistance, toughness, and edge retention
- Hand-finished by artisans using 3-step Honbazuke method
- Acute angle honing between 9.5 and 12 degrees per side for surgical scalpel blade edge
- Laser-controlled final blade edge
- Western-style ergonomic and ambidextrous handle
- Three rivet, full tang handle with red accent spacers
- Enhanced plastic resin handle construction
- Food-safe, hygienic, durable
- Cut or slice raw or cooked meats and poultry
- Slicer knife for on or off the bone, extra thin to thickest pieces
- Miyabi carving knife length - 9.5 inches
- Lifetime limited manufacturer warranty
- Miyabi Knives Red 600S Morimoto Edition made in Seki, Japan by Zwilling J.A. Henkels Japan
Miyabi - "The Beauty of Sharpness"
Chef Masaharu Morimoto is recognized as the most famous Japanese Iron Chef from the television series "Iron Chef." His deft knife skills have won high praise and worldwide recognition. In his restaurants located in various metropolitan cities across the globe, his reputation for the seamless incorporation of Japanese color combinations and aromas, Chinese spices, Western ingredients, and a French presentation style have reigned supreme. Miyabi knives are a synthesis of the traditions and craftsmanship of Japanese sword makers with the precise engineering and manufacturing of German knives. So, it is appropriate then that Zwilling J.A. Henckels should combine creative forces with Iron Chef Morimoto to create series collections of Miyabi Japanese Knives. Miyabi is characterized by traditional Japanese blade designs that possess exceptional sharpness. Each collection of Miyabi kitchen knives is an expression of the refined beauty, finesse, and distinction that defines Japanese culture.
Care & Use of Miyabi Knives:
- Care important to avoid corrosion and damage
- Hand-washing recommended under running water with small amount of detergent
- Dry knife thoroughly
- Do not allow to remain wet or dirty for long periods
- Wrap in newspaper and store in dry place if knife not used for an extended period
- Follow manufacturer directions to increase life span of knife
- Do not force cutting action
- Do not use on frozen or hard food
- Do not use to cut hard-shell crustaceans
- Do not twist blade or use to pry
- Always use appropriate cutting surfaces, no glass or ceramics
- To resharpen, use professional sharpening stones or manufacturer steels
- Sharpen first with coarse grit stone and follow with fine finishing stone
|Description Author||Alecia K|
|Name||Miyabi Knives - 9.5" Slicer & Carving Japanese Knife - Red 600S Morimoto|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||035886322656|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Material||Plastic and Steel|
|Color||Steel, Black, Red|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||Japan|
|Weight (in Lbs)||0.6|