You have no items in your shopping cart.
Staub Cast Iron Dutch Oven/Cocotte - 4.25 Quart
Bring your family together with hearty roasts and soups with the 4.5-quart Staub Coq au Vin Cocotte (also known as a French oven or Dutch oven). Perfect for cooking coq au vin (see recipe below), this durable cast-iron dutch oven will be your go-to cookware for other family favorites like macaroni & cheese, braised beef, and chocolate souffle. The tight-fitting lid retains essential moisture and features self-basting spikes that contribute to a more effective basting while you're cooking. The smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops and is oven safe up to 500° F. With no seasoning needed, you can start making dinner meals and desserts everyone will love. The chip-resistant finish makes for a perfect centerpiece while serving and with a lifetime warranty you can expect to have this wonderful Staub Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven to pass down to generations in your family.
Due to the superior construction of the Staub cocotte lids, less humidity escapes during the cooking process. 10% more moisture is retained inside the Staub dutch oven after 55 minutes cooking time than in competitors' products.*
The self-basting system consisting of distributed spikes over the whole inside flat lid ensures a continuous rainfall effect over the food inside the cocotte. The Staub self basting system in the lid is 9 times more effective than conventional lids.**
*Tested by Cetim Cermat (11/2009)
**Tested by R&D Department of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels (11/2009)
Staub Coq au Vin Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven, 4.25Qt Features:
- Staub Oval Cocotte
- Named after the classic French meal Coq au Vin (recipe below)
- Features a knob in the shape of a noble rooster
- Great for braising
- Safe for metal utensils
- Self-basting spikes on the lid create a rainfall effect (see above)
- Heavy weight; tight-fitting lid locks in moisture
- Rough texture helps improve browning of foods
- Smooth enamel bottom will work on all stovetops
- Each cocotte is one of a kind
- Dutch oven is oven safe up to 500° F
- Requires no seasoning
- Made in France
- Dishwasher safe
Cocotte Product Dimensions: 13.75" X 9" X 5.7"
Staub Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven Shipping Weight: 13.5 lbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Heat oil in your cocotte/dutch oven over medium high heat. Season chicken parts with salt, pepper and garlic powder and saute until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place wine in a shallow dish or bowl. Dip chicken pieces into wine, one at a time, and return to cocotte. Add any remaining wine, stock and onions, stir together and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover cocotte/dutch oven and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water and add mixture to sauce to thicken; cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes and serve.
Questions on Staub Coq au Vin Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven, 4.25qt - Multiple Colors Available
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Description Author Adam Chmielik Name Staub Coq au Vin Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven, 4.25qt - Multiple Colors Available Brands Staub Type Dutch Ovens Options With Lid Material Cast Iron Capacity 4.25 Quart Size 13.25" Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty Country of Manufacture France Shape Oval