You have no items in your shopping cart.
Staub Cast Iron Dutch Oven/Cocotte - 4.25 Quart
Bring your family together with hearty roasts and soups with the 4.5-quart Staub Coq au Vin Cocotte (also known as a French oven or Dutch oven). Perfect for cooking coq au vin (see recipe below), this durable cast-iron dutch oven will be your go-to cookware for other family favorites like macaroni & cheese, braised beef, and chocolate souffle. The tight-fitting lid retains essential moisture and features self-basting spikes that contribute to a more effective basting while you're cooking. The smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops and is oven safe up to 500° F. With no seasoning needed, you can start making dinner meals and desserts everyone will love. The chip-resistant finish makes for a perfect centerpiece while serving and with a lifetime warranty you can expect to have this wonderful Staub Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven to pass down to generations in your family.
Due to the superior construction of the Staub cocotte lids, less humidity escapes during the cooking process. 10% more moisture is retained inside the Staub dutch oven after 55 minutes cooking time than in competitors' products.*
The self-basting system consisting of distributed spikes over the whole inside flat lid ensures a continuous rainfall effect over the food inside the cocotte. The Staub self basting system in the lid is 9 times more effective than conventional lids.**
*Tested by Cetim Cermat (11/2009)
**Tested by R&D Department of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels (11/2009)
Staub Coq au Vin Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven, 4.25Qt Features:
- Staub Oval Cocotte
- Named after the classic French meal Coq au Vin (recipe below)
- Features a knob in the shape of a noble rooster
- Great for braising
- Safe for metal utensils
- Self-basting spikes on the lid create a rainfall effect (see above)
- Heavy weight; tight-fitting lid locks in moisture
- Rough texture helps improve browning of foods
- Smooth enamel bottom will work on all stovetops
- Each cocotte is one of a kind
- Dutch oven is oven safe up to 500° F
- Requires no seasoning
- Made in France
- Dishwasher safe
Cocotte Product Dimensions: 13.75" X 9" X 5.7"
Staub Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven Shipping Weight: 13.5 lbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Heat oil in your cocotte/dutch oven over medium high heat. Season chicken parts with salt, pepper and garlic powder and saute until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place wine in a shallow dish or bowl. Dip chicken pieces into wine, one at a time, and return to cocotte. Add any remaining wine, stock and onions, stir together and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover cocotte/dutch oven and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water and add mixture to sauce to thicken; cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes and serve.
|Description Author||Adam C|
|Name||Staub Coq au Vin Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven, 4.25qt - Multiple Colors Available|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||France|