You have no items in your shopping cart.
Self-Basting Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven by Staub
Bring your family together with hearty roasts and soups with the Staub Oval Cocotte also known as a French or Dutch Oven. Crafted from strong, durable cast iron this heavy weight dutch oven will be your go to cookware for numerous family favorite recipes including but not limited to macaroni and cheese, braised beef and chocolate souffle. The tight-fitting lid retains essential moisture and features Self-Basting spikes that contribute to a more effective basting while you're cooking. The smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops and is oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. With no seasoning needed you can start making dinner meals and desserts everyone will love. The fantastic graphite grey color and chip-resistant finish makes for a perfect centerpiece while serving and with a lifetime warranty you can expect to have this wonderful Staub Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven to pass down to generations in your family.
Due to the superior construction of the Staub cocotte lids, less humidity can escape during the cooking process. 10% more moisture is retained inside the Staub dutch oven after 55 minutes cooking time than in products from competitors.*
The self basting system consisting of distributed spikes over the whole inside flat lid ensures a continuous rainfall effect over the food inside the cocotte. The Staub self basting system in the lid is 9 times more effective than conventional lids.**
*Tested by Cetim Cermat (11/2009)
**Tested by R&D Department of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels (11/2009)
Staub Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven 5.75qt Features:
- Staub Oval Cocotte Made in France
- Available in Graphite Grey color
- Features a knob in the shape of a noble rooster
- Named after the classic French meal Coq au Vin
- Great for braising
- Safe for metal utensils
- Self-basting spikes on the lid create a rainfall effect (see above)
- Heavy weight; tight-fitting lid lock in moisture
- Dutch Oven is oven safe up to 500°F
- Nickel steel rooster shaped knob
- Smooth enamel bottom will work on all stovetops, including induction
- Each cocotte is one of a kind
- Rough texture helps improve browning of foods
- Requires no seasoning
- Dishwasher safe
Cocotte Product Dimensions: 14.7" X 11.6" X 6.2"
Staub Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven Shipping Weight: 15.2
Coq au Vin is a time-honored French dish of chicken cooked in red wine, a very simple and easy way to make that mouthwatering fall-off-the-bone chicken. Below is a basic recipe so you can get to cooking with your brand new Coq au Vin Oval Cocotte/Dutch Oven.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Heat oil in your cocotte/dutch oven over medium high heat. Season chicken parts with salt, pepper and garlic powder and saute until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place wine in a shallow dish or bowl. Dip chicken pieces into wine, one at a time, and return to cocotte/dutch oven. Add any remaining wine, stock and onions, stir together and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover cocotte/dutch oven and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water and add mixture to sauce to thicken; cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes and serve.
|Description Author||Brett L|
|Name||Staub Oval Coq au Vin Cocotte/Dutch Oven 5.75qt - Graphite Grey|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||00872078003531|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||France|
|Weight (in Lbs)||15.2|