You have no items in your shopping cart.
Digital Pocket Thermometer for Allergen-Free Designation from Taylor Precision Products
The compact 9878EPR digital thermometer from Taylor Precision Products has an easily-identifiable purple color so both you and your staff know to keep this thermometer away from common food allergens: milk, eggs, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish. The included probe sleeve and case are antimicrobial to prevent bacteria, mold growth, and accidental contamination.
This Taylor digital thermometer has an oversized LCD display with amber backlight for easy reading even in poor lighting conditions. Features include a Hold function, temperature recall, and automatic shutoff to preserve battery life. This compact digital thermometer uses a 4.5" probe made of stainless steel for durability and easy sanitizing. The Taylor 9878 is recalibratable, safe for the dishwasher, and waterproof to keep it safe from spills and splashes. A pre-installed CR2032 coin battery is able to power this tool for tens of hours.
Taylor Allergen Digital Pocket Thermometer Features:
- Digital thermometer from Taylor Precision Products
- For designation as an allergen-free thermometer
- Keep separate from common food allergens: milk, eggs, peanuts, wheat, etc.
- Identifiable purple color reduces the risk of cross-contamination
- LCD display with backlight
- Dishwasher safe
- Min/max temperature recall
- Hold feature
- Auto shutoff powers down the unit when not in use (selectable)
- Includes Safe-T-Guard™ antimicrobial case and sleeve
- Plastic storage case is antimicrobial: inhibits the growth of bacteria and mold
- Temperature range -40°–500° F
- Powered by 1 CR2032 coin battery (included)
- 4.5" probe made from stainless steel
- NSF listed
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
Questions on Taylor Digital Pocket Thermometer for Food Allergy Prevention (Color-Coded, Waterproof)
- From cathi at 9/25/15 4:28 AM
- how to calibrate model number 9878E
- I have copied from the manufacture instruction book for the Taylor 9878 how to recalibrate your thermometer. Below that also I have included the manufacture link for this instruction book.
If recalibration is necessary, for best results calibrate within
the temperature range most commonly used. Always utilize a
reliable source as a benchmark when calibrating. If a verified
reference temperature cannot be achieved in the usage
range, then calibrate in an ice bath as described in Step 1.
1. Suspend probe at least 1” into a 'slush' of crushed ice and
water (32°F) for at least 30 seconds. Keep the probe from
touching the container bottom.
2. Press and hold the “SET” button for 5 seconds. The word
“SET” will appear. Then press "MAX/MIN" and "HOLD" at the
same time to enter Temperature Setting mode. The current
3. Press "MAX/MIN” (“+” button) or "HOLD” (“-” button) to
increase/decrease the temperature by 1°F (0.5°C)
4. To enter the recalibrated temperature, press and hold the
“SET” button for 5 seconds. The LCD will turn green. A “----”
pattern appears, then “OK”.
5. After 2 seconds, the unit will return to normal mode.
6. To restore the default calibration temperature, remove the
battery for 1 minute and then replace it. (Note: If no
buttons are pressed for 30 seconds, the unit will
automatically return to normal mode.)
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- From cathi at 9/25/15 4:28 AM
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Product Manual Name Taylor Digital Pocket Thermometer for Food Allergy Prevention (Color-Coded, Waterproof) Type Digital Thermometers Color Purple Brands Taylor Products Home or Commercial Commercial Manufacturer's Warranty 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty Description Author Kevin Osborn Weight (in Lbs) 0.7500