You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Sausage Maker Fermenting Crock Pot - German-Style Harvest with Weights - 20 Liter/5.3 Gallon Capacity
When you love to follow simpler, healthier ways of traditional eating and food preservation, often eating and making fermented food is part of your lifestyle. TSM German-Style Fermentation Crock can help you make fantastic tasting, healthy, easy-to-prepare fermented foods. You only need perform a few steps of preparation, and allow a bit of time for the food to process on its own. And then, savor and enjoy grandma's pickle recipe, German sauerkraut, Korean kimchi, Russian beet kvass, Thai fish sauce, French crème fraîche, Lebanese kabees turnips, the list goes on and on. Improve your digestive health, add interesting flavors to your diet, and have fun in the process using the The Sausage Maker Fermenting Crock Pot!
TSM German-Style Harvest Fermentation Crock uses lacto-fermentation processes to preserve foods. Lacto-fermentation requires an oxygen-free environment. If oxygen enters the vessel, spoiling can occur and off-flavors, or the scum growth on top of the fermented food can happen. To prevent those wrong bacteria and yeast formations, The TSM fermentation crock includes a crock weight to submerge the food below the salt water brine. In addition, a water gutter along the top lid allows gases to escape while keeping outside air from entering. Salt is mixed with foods and then water is added to begin preservation. During fermenting, body-friendly bacteria and/or yeasts feed on the sugars and carbohydrates within the foods being preserved. These bacteria grow and proliferate, the end result is fermented foods with healthy probiotic levels, and boosted vitamin and enzymes amounts. Lacto-fermentation can be done using the fermentation crock with various foods including vegetables, fruits, beans, grains, meats, dairy, beverages, and more. Let The Sausage Maker bring home healthy, traditional foods from your past and from around the world to your table!
The Sausage Maker Fermenting Crock Pot with Stone Weights - 20 Liter German-Style Harvest Features:
- Constructed of fine, fully-vitrified stoneware clay
- Fine grained, kiln-fired, lead-free, glazed exterior and interior
- Smooth, flawless appearance inside and out
- Skilled artisans make each fermentation crock with unmatched quality
- Simple, super-easy, historical method to ferment own food
- Fermenting crock pot styles used throughout history to preserve foods naturally using salt and water brining
- Lid design allows fermenting gases to release without letting oxygen into fermenting crock pot causing spoilage
- NO messy surface scum to worry over and remove
- Design eliminates need for burp container, protects against explosions, reduces stinky smells
- TSM German-Style Harvest Fermentation Crock uses lacto-fermentation processes
- Healthy, fun way to add healthy, friendly probiotic bacteria to diet
- Fermented food recognized to help strengthen immune system and improve general well-being
- Fill to 80% capacity with food and brine water for fermenting
- Stone weights included for use with fermentation crock
- Water gutter filled as needed based on evaporation rate in outside environment
- Use good-quality, unrefined salt to prepare vegetables for fermenting
- Sausage Maker fermenting crock pot provides a lifetime of reliable home fermentation
- Make sauerkraut, pickles, beets, turnips, kimchi, and so much more
- Made in Poland
- Sausage Maker fermenting crock pot capacity - 20 liter/5.3 gallon
TSM German-Style Fermentation Crock 15 Liter Dimensions - 12" D x 15" H (w/o Lid), 17.25" H (w/ Lid)
TSM German-Style Fermentation Crock 15 Liter Shipping Weight - 31 lbs.
The Sausage Maker is the go-to equipment supply for anyone that hunts, fishes, farms, or pursues a life that promotes subsistence-living in one way or another. Since 1972, they have been keeping homesteading traditions alive by providing the equipment and supplies needed for meat preservation, canning, dehydration, and fermentation. Some products are manufactured in Buffalo, NY and the remaining are carefully sourced from across the USA and around the world. TMS has a vision, "We aim to promote local foods and centuries-old traditions of gastronomy and food production. We can help you live a much simpler and more rewarding life by providing you with the right tools to do so."
Questions on TSM German-Style Harvest Fermentation Crock with Weights - 20 Liter/5.3 Gallon
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
This thing is cheaply made!!! MADE IN CHINA Review by Edwin
I've had a Nik Schmitt 20 Liter German Fermenting Crock Pot for some time now and I recently received this TSM 20 Liter Fermenting Crock Pot and WOW what a difference!!! DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM This thing is cheaply made!!! MADE IN CHINA The handles might as well be left off because it's slippery to carry this item using the handles even when empty. The TSM is also an inch or two taller than the Scmitt; if that matters to anyone. The TSM weighs 18 lbs (without the weights) while the Nik Schmitt weighs 24.5 lbs (without the weights). You may be thinking the lighter the better, because you may not be strong enough to carry it full, but it's not so much about the weight as much as it is about the thickness/durability of the walls. I'll be trying to return this item!!! (Posted on 8/25/16)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Never!
- Additional Information
Description Author Alecia Kay Name TSM German-Style Harvest Fermentation Crock with Weights - 20 Liter/5.3 Gallon GTIIN / UPC Code 015913310634 Brands The Sausage Maker (TSM) Type Fermenting Crock Pots Options With Fermenting Weights Home or Commercial Home Material Clay Color Brown Capacity 20 Liter Size 17.25" Quantity Included 1 Manufacturer's Warranty N/A Country of Manufacture Poland Electric or Non Electric Non Electric Weight (in Lbs) 31.0000