You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Sausage Maker Fermenting Crock Pots - German-Style Harvest with Weights - Available in Multiple Sizes & Capacities
When you love to follow simpler, healthier ways of traditional eating and food preservation, often eating and making fermented food is part of your lifestyle. TSM German-Style Fermentation Crocks can help you make fantastic tasting, healthy, easy-to-prepare fermented foods. You only need perform a few steps of preparation, and allow a bit of time for the food to process on its own. And then, savor and enjoy grandma's pickle recipe, German sauerkraut, Korean kimchi, Russian beet kvass, Thai fish sauce, French crème fraîche, Lebanese kabees turnips, the list goes on and on. Improve your digestive health, add interesting flavors to your diet, and have fun in the process using the The Sausage Maker Fermenting Crock Pots Available in Multiple Sizes!
TSM German-Style Harvest Fermentation Crocks use lacto-fermentation processes to preserve foods. Lacto-fermentation requires an oxygen-free environment. If oxygen enters the vessel, spoiling can occur and off-flavors, or the scum growth on top of the fermented food can happen. To prevent those wrong bacteria and yeast formations, The TSM fermentation crock includes a crock weight to submerge the food below the salt water brine. In addition, a water gutter along the top lid allows gases to escape while keeping outside air from entering. Salt is mixed with foods and then water is added to begin preservation. During fermenting, body-friendly bacteria and/or yeasts feed on the sugars and carbohydrates within the foods being preserved. These bacteria grow and proliferate, the end result is fermented foods with healthy probiotic levels, and boosted vitamin and enzymes amounts. Lacto-fermentation can be done using the fermentation crocks with various foods including vegetables, fruits, beans, grains, meats, dairy, beverages, and more. Let The Sausage Maker bring home healthy, traditional foods from your past and from around the world to your table!
The Sausage Maker Fermenting Crock Pots - German-Style Harvest Available in Multiple Sizes Features:
- Constructed of fine, fully-vitrified stoneware clay
- Fine grained, kiln-fired, lead-free, glazed exterior and interior
- Smooth, flawless appearance inside and out
- Skilled artisans make fermentation crocks with unmatched quality
- Simple, super-easy, historical method to ferment own food
- Different styles of fermenting crock pots used throughout history to preserve foods naturally using salt and water brining
- Design of lids allow fermenting gases to release without letting oxygen into fermenting crock pots causing spoilage
- NO messy surface scum to worry over and remove
- Designs eliminate need for burp container, protects against explosions, reduces stinky smells
- TSM German-Style Harvest Fermentation Crocks use lacto-fermentation processes
- Healthy, fun way to add healthy, friendly probiotic bacteria to diet
- Fermented food recognized to help strengthen immune system and improve general well-being
- Fill to 80% capacity with food and brine water for fermenting
- Water gutter filled as needed based on evaporation rate in outside environment
- Use good-quality, unrefined salt to prepare vegetables for fermenting
- Sausage Maker fermenting crock pots provide a lifetime of reliable home fermentation
- Make sauerkraut, pickles, beets, turnips, kimchi, and so much more
- Sausage Maker Fermenting Crock Pots Available in Multiple Sizes
The Sausage Maker is the go-to equipment supply for anyone that hunts, fishes, farms, or pursues a life that promotes subsistence-living in one way or another. Since 1972, they have been keeping homesteading traditions alive by providing the equipment and supplies needed for meat preservation, canning, dehydration, and fermentation. Some products are manufactured in Buffalo, NY and the remaining are carefully sourced from across the USA and around the world. TMS has a vision, "We aim to promote local foods and centuries-old traditions of gastronomy and food production. We can help you live a much simpler and more rewarding life by providing you with the right tools to do so."
Questions on TSM German-Style Harvest Fermentation Crocks (31060-1A)
- From Janice at 12/20/14 1:14 PM
- Does the glaze differ from the Schmitt Fermenting Crock and is there any lead or cadmium in it?
- Yes, The Sausage Maker Fermentation Crocks are similar in function but different in style, the glaze featured on TSM fermentation crocks do not have any lead whatsoever and are cadmium free.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- From Janice at 12/20/14 1:14 PM
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Description Author Alecia Kay Name TSM German-Style Harvest Fermentation Crocks with Weights - Available in Multiple Sizes Brands The Sausage Maker (TSM) Type Fermenting Crock Pots Options With Fermenting Weights Material Clay Manufacturer's Warranty N/A Country of Manufacture China