You have no items in your shopping cart.
Wusthof Knives Classic 7' Chai Dao Knife w/ Hollow Edge 8888-7
Presenting the Wusthof Classic 7” Chai Dao, Hollow Edge Classic Knife that combines the high-end performance of three knives: santoku, cleaver and chef’s knife for quick, precise prep work. The razor-sharp cutting edge and the weight of a cleaver help you to butcher large cuts of meat, and a rounded edge to trim closely from bone. The Wusthof Classic 7” Chai Dao, Hollow Edge has all the aid of a santoku, with the heft and excellent rocking motion to dice, chop, slice or mince carrots, cabbage, onions or potatoes. This powerhouse of a knife works with balanced agility to cut thick-stalk vegetables such as beets, celery, and cauliflower. Make your cuts paper-thin, julienne or slice beef in perfect strips for stir fry. The wide blade of this Wusthof Classic 7” Chai Dao, Hollow Edge Knife allows knuckle clearance to quickly and comfortably do any prep task like crushing garlic or herbs from the cutting board to the pan. Precision-forged from of a single piece of Wusthof's own rust-free, high-carbon steel, and laser-cut to exact specifications, this is the knife every chef wants in their kitchen.
Wusthof Classic 7” Chai Dao, Hollow Edge Features:
- Precision-forged from of a single piece of Wusthof's own rust-free, high-carbon steel
- Laser-cut to exact specifications,
- The knife every chef wants in their kitchen.
- Made in Solingen / Germany
- Brings performance of three knives: santoku, cleaver and chef's
- Wusthof's own PEtec edge yields a smoother, more refined edge, with dramatically-increased sharpness and retention along the entire length of the blade
- Wusthof Chai Dao Knife slices meats deli-thin to thick, cuts melons, vegetables and fruits, maintaining extreme sharpness longer
- Dimensions: 14.5”x3”x1” (full length)
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty
A little About Wusthof Classic Wusthof Knives:
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is high carbon/stain resistant alloy for edge retention and resharpening
- The Wusthof Knife blade is precisely tapered from bolster to tip and from back to edge
- The edge of the Wusthof Knife blades are skillfully honed by hand and are incredibly sharp.
- Wusthof Classic Knives are Laser tested to perfection, long-lasting and easily resharpened
- The bolster/finger guard is Wusthof's "signature" feature; it accounts for the heft, or solid balanced feel that one gets from the Wusthof Knife
- The handle - tang assembly is seamless and totally hygienic; the handles are durable Hostaform-C handles, triple riveted to the fully visible tang of the Classic series
- 10° angle per side
- This Wusthof Classic Knife is forged a knife with ergonomic handles.
- Stainless steel 50 0,5 % carbon- the carbon content is significant for the sharpness
- Chromium for stain-resistant properties
- Molybdenum enhances the stain-resistant properties
- Vanadium for hardness and edge retention of this Wusthof Classic Knife
- Contents of chromium % (15%)
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is made of a special steel alloy. X50 Cr MoV 15 - a special alloy for superb knives
The edge of the Wusthof Classic Knife is the business end of a knife. It is skilfully honed by hand and incredibly sharp. For different cutting tasks different blade shapes and edges are recommended.
Wusthof Classic Knife Blades
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the straight edge
The straight edge allows a smooth and clean cut. When carving no fibres are torn out of the meat. This edge can be used for firm and soft food like meat, vegetables and fruit.
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the serrated edge
The wavy or serrated edge allows an easy cut through crusty food like a traditional roast and crispy bread.
*The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the hollow edge
When cutting an air pocket is created between the hollow edge and the slice. This prevents the food from sticking to the blade and allows for finer slices.
Questions on Wusthof Classic 7" Chai Dao, Hollow Edge Knife
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Go-to Knife Review by Bryan
Our original Wusthof Classic knives were a wedding gift from 25+ years ago. Recently one of the handles started to feel a little loose. Wusthof replaced it immediately. That great customer experience has lead us to expand our Wusthof Classic knife collection.
We own several other Wusthof Classic Knives, including the 6"Santoku, but this has quickly become my new favorite in the kitchen. The Chai Dao is longer than the Santoku, but also a bit heavier with more curve on the blade. The razor sharp blade cuts with ease. (Posted on 2/15/16)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes
- Additional Information
Description Author Brett L Name Wusthof Classic 7in Chai Dao, Hollow Edge Knife GTIIN / UPC Code 4002293888804 Brands Wusthof Cutlery Product Line Classic Type Specialty Knives Options Forged Material Stainless Steel Color Black & Stainless, Black, Silver Size 7" Country of Manufacture Germany Weight (in Lbs) 1