You have no items in your shopping cart.
Classic 8” Hollow Edge Santoku Knife by Wusthof
Thinly slice crisp vegetables with precision with your new Wusthof Classic 8” Hollow Edge Santoku Knife. The Wusthof Classic series is precision-forged from a single piece of chrome-molybdenum-vanadium steel. Each Wusthof Knife contains specialized high carbon, stain-resistant alloy, and is hand-forged in the most famous knife-making town of Solingen, Germany. This Santoku knife has a full bolster and finger guard with a full tang, triple riveted handle for precise control. When preparing your family’s meal, know you are working with an excellent tool: your newly acquired Wusthof Classic 8” Hollow Edge Santoku Knife!
Wusthof Classic 8” Hollow Edge Santoku Knife Features:
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang | Triple riveted handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58⁰ Rockwell
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo
- The 8" Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional chef’s knife, at a 10 cutting edge, and gradually curves up at the very end providing a straighter edge.
- The hollow edge is crafted with evenly spaced vertical indentations, which create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce friction and drag.
- Full bolster and finger guard
- Item #: 4193-7/13
A little About Wusthof Classic Wusthof Knives:
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is high carbon/stain resistant alloy for edge retention and resharpening
- The Wusthof Knife blade is precisely tapered from bolster to tip and from back to edge
- The edge of the Wusthof Knife blades are skillfully honed by hand and are incredibly sharp.
- Wusthof Classic Knives are Laser tested to perfection, long-lasting and easily resharpened
- The bolster/finger guard is Wusthof's "signature" feature; it accounts for the heft, or solid balanced feel that one gets from the Wusthof Knife
- The handle - tang assembly is seamless and totally hygienic; the handles are durable Hostaform-C handles, triple riveted to the fully visible tang of the Classic series
- This Wusthof Classic Knife is forged a knife with ergonomic handles.
- Stainless steel 50 0,5 % carbon- the carbon content is significant for the sharpness
- Chromium for stain-resistant properties
- Molybdenum enhances the stain-resistant properties
- Vanadium for hardness and edge retention of this Wusthof Classic Knife
- Contents of chromium % (15%)
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is made of a special steel alloy. X50 Cr MoV 15 - a special alloy for superb knives
Wusthof Classic Knife Blades
- The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the straight edge
The straight edge allows a smooth and clean cut. When carving no fibres are torn out of the meat. This edge can be used for firm and soft food like meat, vegetables and fruit.
- The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the serrated edge
The wavy or serrated edge allows an easy cut through crusty food like a traditional roast and crispy bread.
- The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the hollow edge
When cutting an air pocket is created between the hollow edge and the slice. This prevents the food from sticking to the blade and allows for finer slices.
|Description Author||Cathy H|
|Name||Wusthof Classic 8” Hollow Edge Santoku Knife|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||4002293118345|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Color||Black & Stainless|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Extended Warranty Eligible||No|
|Country of Manufacture||Germany|
|Weight (in Lbs)||0.69|