You have no items in your shopping cart.
Classic Ikon 4" Extra Wide Paring Knife by Wusthof
Wusthof Knives Classic Ikon Paring knife - 4089 / 10 cm (4")
Design, ergonomics and the well known Wusthof quality are perfectly combined in one series to give you the ultimate cutting experience.
Quality - Made in Solingen / Germany
- The most versatile of all parers: for mincing shallots, onions and herbs as well as cleaning and cutting vegetables.
- Quality - Made in Solingen / Germany
- Innovative handle design for comfort and control.
- Specially designed bolster.
- Dimensions: 9”x1”x1” (full length)
A little About Wusthof Classic Ikon Wusthof Knives:
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Ikon Knife is high carbon/stain resistant alloy for edge retention and resharpening
- The Wusthof Knife blade is precisely tapered from bolster to tip and from back to edge
- The edge of the Wusthof Knife blades are skillfully honed by hand and are incredibly sharp.
- Wusthof Classic Ikon Knives are Laser tested to perfection, long-lasting and easily resharpened
- The bolster/finger guard is Wusthof's "signature" feature; it accounts for the heft, or solid balanced feel that one gets from the Wusthof Knife
- This Wusthof Classic Ikon Knife is a forged knife with ergonomic handles.
- Stainless steel 50 0,5 % carbon- the carbon content is significant for the sharpness
- Chromium for stain-resistant properties
- Molybdenum enhances the stain-resistant properties
- Vanadium for hardness and edge retention of this Wusthof Classic Ikon Knife
- Contents of chromium % (15%)
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Ikon Knife is made of a special steel alloy. X50 Cr MoV 15 - a special alloy for superb knives
- The edge of the Wusthof Classic Ikon Knife is the business end of a knife. It is skilfully honed by hand and incredibly sharp.
For different cutting tasks, different Wusthof Classic Ikon blade shapes and edges are recommended.
Wusthof Classic Ikon Knife Blades
The Wusthof Classic Ikon Knife blade with the straight edge
The straight edge allows a smooth and clean cut. When carving no fibres are torn out of the meat. This edge can be used for firm and soft food like meat, vegetables and fruit.
The wavy or serrated edge allows an easy cut through crusty food like a traditional roast and crispy bread.
The Wusthof Classic Ikon Knife blade with the hollow edge
When cutting an air pocket is created between the hollow edge and the slice. This prevents the food from sticking to the blade and allows for finer slices.
|Description Author||Brett L|
|Name||Wusthof Classic Ikon 4" Extra Wide Paring Knife|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||4002293108926|
|Product Line||Classic IKON|
|Color||Black & Stainless, Black, Silver|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||Germany|
|Weight (in Lbs)||1|