The Wusthof Classic IKON 5" Santoku Knife is styled after the Japanese Cook´s Knife; this blade is just right for sushi and sashimi - or anything else that needs to be sliced paper thin. The blade on this Wusthof Knife is just right for preparing not only fine Asian but also Western cuisine and the hollow edge creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade.The Wusthof Classic IKON series of knives equal Gourmet Perfection.
Wusthof Classic IKON 5" Santoku Knife (Hollow Edge) Features:
- Santoku knife has a thinner blade than the traditional cook's knife with a 10° cutting edge | Ideal for chopping, slicing & dicing vegetables
- Hollow edge blade has small vertical indentation on the blade which create air pockets between the blade & food to reduce friction & drag when slicing
- Contoured black handle
- Forged blade constructed of high-carbon, stain-resistant steel
- Full tang knife triple riveted to the handle
- Proprietary state-of-the-art Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates a blade that is 20% sharper with 2xs the edge retention
- Double bolster provides exceptional balance | Half bolster allows the knife to be honed & sharpened the entire length of the blade | Heel bolster provides added balance
- Wash by hand only
- Limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty
- Made in the "City of Blades" of Solingen, Germany
- New & improved look!
Looking for more Wusthof Classic IKON Knives or other Wusthof styles?
About the Wusthof Classic IKON Collection
The Wusthof Ikon Classic series is made up of modern knives for the modern chef, designed with clean lines and using the same handle material as the Classic Series. This material resists fading so your knives will look as good years from now as they do today, and given that the Ikon Classic Series will require more of an investment than the previously mentioned Wusthof Lines, this is an invaluable feature. The Ikon Classic Series is made to provide a superior cutting experience, with a double bolster, perfectly balanced blade, and full tang. While not as wide a selection as the Classic or Gourmet Series, the Ikon Classic Series does contain numerous knife styles and sets, so this cutlery line is a great choice for those who are willing to invest more for the highest quality knives on the market and want to retain a modern aesthetic in their kitchen.