The Wusthof IKON 3.5" paring knife is made from a special steel alloy for a low-maintenance knife that is strong, durable, and extremely sharp. This common kitchen knife is essential for cooking and baking prep work of all kinds: peeling and slicing apples for pies, chopping onions and herbs for salsa, and removing seeds from berries and peppers (just to name a few examples).
Wusthof creates each piece in the IKON cutlery line from a single piece of carbon steel, forges it into a full-tang knife with an ergonomic and balanced form, and tempers it many times before insetting the tang with a handle of pure, choice African blackwood. This exotic hardwood is, according to Wusthof, technically and aesthetically superior to ebony wood in every way, providing a comfortable feel in the hand that won't vary with humidity levels and temperature.
Wusthof IKON Blackwood 3.5" Paring Knife Features:
- Paring knife has a small, narrow blade ideal for trimming, slicing & peeling smaller fruits, vegetables & herbs
- Straight edge blade provides a smooth, clean, exact cut & can be used on a variety of meat, vegetables & fruits
- Contoured handle made of African Blackwood (Grenadill) which is known for its extreme density & distinctive wood grain
- Forged blade constructed of high-carbon, stain-resistant steel
- Full tang knife triple riveted to the handle
- Proprietary state-of-the-art Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates a blade that is 20% sharper with 2xs the edge retention
- Wash by hand only
- Limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty
- Made in the "City of Blades" of Solingen, Germany
- New & improved look!
Looking for more Wusthof IKON Blackwood Knives or other Wusthof styles?
About the Wusthof IKON Blackwood Collection
The Ikon Blackwood Series is called the jewel of the Wusthof brand, and it’s not hard to see why. The Ikon series, (also called the Ikon Blackwood or African Blackwood Series) shares many similarities with the Ikon Classic line, they feature the same shape and general design and are forged from the same high-quality German steel as all Wusthof blades, however, the Ikon knives each have a handle made of their namesake wood. African Blackwood (Grenadill) is one of the hardest woods in the world and as such it’s extremely durable and resistant to swelling in changing humidity and temperatures. Beyond looking great, these handles are contoured for ultimate comfort and perfectly balanced with the blade. The Ikon Blackwood Series has fewer knives within it than the Ikon Classic Series, however, it contains all the basics needed to build a well-rounded collection. Between the high-quality steel of the blade, full tang, bolster, and unique handles, these knives come in at the highest price point of all the Wusthof lines. For those who are willing to invest in these amazing knives, you will get beautiful cutlery that is built to last and will certainly become the jewels of your cutlery collection.