You have no items in your shopping cart.
Wusthof Classic Carving Knife 9" Hollow Knife
Wusthof Knives Classic Carving knife - 4524 / 23 cm (9")
This precision Wusthof Classic Slicer Knife Cutlery is hand-forged in the most famous knife-making town in Germany. Also, Wusthof Classic Knife is precision forged from a single piece of chrome-molybdenum-vanadium steel. Specialized high carbon, stain-resistant alloy ensured that the critical characteristics of each Wusthof Knife are there right from the beginning.
Family owned since 1814. Made in Solingen, Germany
Quality - Made in Solingen / Germany
Wusthof Knives Classic Carving knife - 4524 / 23 cm (9") Features:
- Perfect for the larger cuts of meat, fruit and vegetable.
- 14° angle per side
- With hollow edge
- The hollow edge creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade.
A little About Wusthof Classic Wusthof Knives:
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is high carbon/stain resistant alloy for edge retention and resharpening
- The Wusthof Knife blade is precisely tapered from bolster to tip and from back to edge
- The edge of the Wusthof Knife blades are skillfully honed by hand and are incredibly sharp.
- Wusthof Classic Knives are Laser tested to perfection, long-lasting and easily resharpened
- The bolster/finger guard is Wusthof's "signature" feature; it accounts for the heft, or solid balanced feel that one gets from the Wusthof Knife
- The handle - tang assembly is seamless and totally hygienic; the handles are durable Hostaform-C handles, triple riveted to the fully visible tang of the Classic series
- This Wusthof Classic Knife is forged a knife with ergonomic handles.
- Stainless steel 50 0,5 % carbon- the carbon content is significant for the sharpness
- Chromium for stain-resistant properties
- Molybdenum enhances the stain-resistant properties
- Vanadium for hardness and edge retention of this Wusthof Classic Knife
- Contents of chromium % (15%)
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is made of a special steel alloy. X50 Cr MoV 15 - a special alloy for superb knives
The edge of the Wusthof Classic Knife is the business end of a knife. It is skilfully honed by hand and incredibly sharp. For different cutting tasks different blade shapes and edges are recommended.
Wusthof Classic Knife Blades
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the straight edge
The straight edge allows a smooth and clean cut. When carving no fibres are torn out of the meat. This edge can be used for firm and soft food like meat, vegetables and fruit.
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the serrated edge
The wavy or serrated edge allows an easy cut through crusty food like a traditional roast and crispy bread.
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the hollow edge
When cutting an air pocket is created between the hollow edge and the slice. This prevents the food from sticking to the blade and allows for finer slices.
Questions on Wusthof Knives Classic Carving Knife - 4524 / 23 cm (9") Hollow
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Very Sharp Review by Charles
If you want a moderate-high priced Slicing knife, you can't go wrong with the "Classic" line, have bought just about a entire large wood block full of Wusthof CLASSIC knives, build very well, hold their edges a long time till sharpened again. Highly recommend. (Posted on 6/23/16)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Likely
- Additional Information
Name Wusthof Knives Classic Carving Knife - 4524 / 23 cm (9") Hollow GTIIN / UPC Code 4002293452425 Brands Wusthof Cutlery Product Line Classic Type Carving Knives Options Forged Home or Commercial Home Material Stainless Steel Color Black & Stainless, Black, Silver Size 9" Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty Weight (in Lbs) 2.0000