You have no items in your shopping cart.
Wusthof Classic Knife Series Cooks Knife by Wusthof Knives
Wusthof Knives Classic Cook´s knife - 4572 / 16 cm (6")
This precision Wusthof Classic Cooks Knife Cutlery is hand-forged in the most famous knife-making town in Germany. Also, Wusthof Classic Knife is precision forged from a single piece of chrome-molybdenum-vanadium steel. Specialized high carbon, stain-resistant alloy ensured that the critical characteristics of each Wusthof Knife are there right from the beginning.
Family owned since 1814. Made in Solingen, Germany
Quality - Made in Solingen / Germany
Wusthof Knives Classic Cook´s knife - 4572 / 16 cm (6")Features:
- No kitchen should be without this Wusthof knife.
- It is the most essential of all knives used in the kitchen.
- 14° angle per side
- Slicing, mincing, dicing of all kind of food.
- Perfectly balanced, an extension of your hand.
- Wusthof Cooks Knife has hollow edge
- The hollow edge creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade.
- Precision forged from a single blank of steel with bolster and full tang.
- Ergonomic handle design developed in consultation with professional chefs.
- Caution: cooks knives purposely have been ground extra thin for the ultimate cutting performance. Chopping through bones will damage the fine edge
A little About Wusthof Classic Wusthof Knives:
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is high carbon/stain resistant alloy for edge retention and resharpening
- The Wusthof Knife blade is precisely tapered from bolster to tip and from back to edge
- The edge of the Wusthof Knife blades are skillfully honed by hand and are incredibly sharp.
- Wusthof Classic Knives are Laser tested to perfection, long-lasting and easily resharpened
- The bolster/finger guard is Wusthof's "signature" feature; it accounts for the heft, or solid balanced feel that one gets from the Wusthof Knife
- The handle - tang assembly is seamless and totally hygienic; the handles are durable Hostaform-C handles, triple riveted to the fully visible tang of the Classic series
- This Wusthof Classic Knife is forged a knife with ergonomic handles.
- Stainless steel 50 0,5 % carbon- the carbon content is significant for the sharpness
- Chromium for stain-resistant properties
- Molybdenum enhances the stain-resistant properties
- Vanadium for hardness and edge retention of this Wusthof Classic Knife
- Contents of chromium % (15%)
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is made of a special steel alloy. X50 Cr MoV 15 - a special alloy for superb knives
The edge of the Wusthof Classic Knife is the business end of a knife. It is skilfully honed by hand and incredibly sharp. For different cutting tasks different blade shapes and edges are recommended.
Wusthof Classic Knife Blades
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the straight edge
The straight edge allows a smooth and clean cut. When carving no fibres are torn out of the meat. This edge can be used for firm and soft food like meat, vegetables and fruit.
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the serrated edge
The wavy or serrated edge allows an easy cut through crusty food like a traditional roast and crispy bread.
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the hollow edge
When cutting an air pocket is created between the hollow edge and the slice. This prevents the food from sticking to the blade and allows for finer slices.
Questions on Wusthof Knives Classic Cooks Knife 4572/1
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
I Want Another One! Review by ChefD
A Must Have!!! Review by ChefD
Out of all of my knives, this Wusthof Classic Ikon 6 inch Cook's Knife is my favorite. It slices tomatoes paper thin if needed. It's most optimal for tackling veggie prep. I choose it over all of my serrated knives to work on small melons, cantaloupes, grapefruit and even skinning and chunking up a pineapple. It slices cheese, cold cuts, sandwiches, cakes (including ice-cream cakes).
There is a notable difference between the regular Classic line and the Ikon Classic line that makes it worth the extra money, but I wouldn't chuck out all of my regular classics that are in excellent condition to replace them. Check them out in person and if you love them, start with a cook's knife.
The handle is a huge difference and feels comfortable and natural to grip. This would be a great knife for someone just learning how to cook or someone like myself that has a bit of shaky hands. The combination of its sharpness and easy grip handle will reduce slips--reducing cuts and injuries with daily or weekly maintenance on a steel, depending on how often the knife is used. The Classic Ikon knives are the only knives in my drawer I haven't cut or nicked myself with.
The other huge difference is in the bolster, so now the entire knife's edge can be used and sharpened. This is a wonderful, wonderful advantage.
I also have the Ikon 8 inch Cooks knife, yet I go to this smaller one. It gets the job done faster for what I need. (Posted on 4/25/16)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes
- Additional Information
Name Wusthof Knives Classic Hollow Edge Cook's Knife - 4572 / 16 cm (6") GTIIN / UPC Code 4002293157221 Brands Wusthof Cutlery Product Line Classic Type Chef's Knives Options Forged Home or Commercial Home Material Stainless Steel Color Black & Stainless, Black, Silver Size 6" Weight (in Lbs) 1