You have no items in your shopping cart.
Wusthof Classic Chef's Knife: 6 Inches
Wusthof Knives Classic Cooks knife - 4572 / 16 cm (6")
This precision Wusthof Cook's Knife is hand-forged from a single piece of chrome-molybdenum-vanadium steel in the most famous knife-making town in Germany. A special high-carbon, stain-resistant alloy ensure that the critical characteristics of each Wusthof knife are inset from the beginning.
Family owned since 1814. Made in Solingen, Germany
Quality - Made in Solingen / Germany
Wusthof Knives Classic Cooks knife - 4572 / 16 cm (6")Features:
- No kitchen should be without this Wusthof knife
- The most essential of all knives used in the kitchen
- 14° angle per side
- Chops, slices, minces, and dices all food types
- Perfectly balanced—an extension of your hand
- Wusthof Cooks Knife has straight edge
- Precision forged from a single blank of steel with bolster and full tang
- Ergonomic handle design developed in consultation with professional chefs
- Caution: cooks knives purposely have been ground extra thin for the ultimate cutting performance. Chopping through bones will damage the fine edge
A little About Wusthof Classic Wusthof Knives:
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is high carbon/stain resistant alloy for edge retention and resharpening
- The Wusthof Knife blade is precisely tapered from bolster to tip and from back to edge
- The edge of the Wusthof Knife blades are skillfully honed by hand and are incredibly sharp.
- Wusthof Classic Cook's Knives are Laser tested to perfection, long-lasting and easily resharpened
- The bolster/finger guard is Wusthof's "signature" feature; it accounts for the heft, or solid balanced feel that one gets from the Wusthof Knife
- The handle - tang assembly is seamless and totally hygienic; the handles are durable Hostaform-C handles, triple riveted to the fully visible tang of the Classic series
- This Wusthof Classic Knife is forged a knife with ergonomic handles.
- Stainless steel 50 0,5 % carbon- the carbon content is significant for the sharpness
- Chromium for stain-resistant properties
- Molybdenum enhances the stain-resistant properties
- Vanadium for hardness and edge retention of this Wusthof Classic Knife
- Contents of chromium % (15%)
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is made of a special steel alloy. X50 Cr MoV 15 - a special alloy for superb knives
The edge of the Wusthof Classic Knife is the business end of a knife. It is skilfully honed by hand and incredibly sharp. For different cutting tasks different blade shapes and edges are recommended.
Wusthof Classic Knife Blades
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the straight edge
The straight edge allows a smooth and clean cut. When carving no fibres are torn out of the meat. This edge can be used for firm and soft food like meat, vegetables and fruit.
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the serrated edge
The wavy or serrated edge allows an easy cut through crusty food like a traditional roast and crispy bread.
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the hollow edge
When cutting an air pocket is created between the hollow edge and the slice. This prevents the food from sticking to the blade and allows for finer slices.
Questions on Wusthof Classic Cook's Knife - 4582 / 16 cm (6")
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Good Deal Review by ChefD
This knife feels substantial and very well-made. The weight is perfect and the build quality is beautiful. It fits very nicely in your hands.
Most importantly, the slicing action is incredible. With just the right amount of force you can cut through anything.
It's engineered with precision and well worth the money. (Posted on 4/25/16)
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Definitely yes
- Additional Information
Name Wusthof Classic Cook's Knife - 4582 / 16 cm (6") GTIIN / UPC Code 4002293458229 Brands Wusthof Cutlery Product Line Classic Type Chef's Knives Options Forged Home or Commercial Home Material Stainless Steel Color Black & Stainless Size 6" Weight (in Lbs) 1.0000