You have no items in your shopping cart.
Wusthof Knives 4 1/2 Inch Classic Utility Knife
This precision Wusthof Classic Utility Knife Cutlery is hand-forged in the most famous knife-making town in Germany. Also, Wusthof Classic Knife is precision forged from a single piece of chrome-molybdenum-vanadium steel. Specialized high carbon, stain-resistant alloy ensured that the critical characteristics of each Wusthof Knife are there right from the beginning.
Family owned since 1814. Made in Solingen, Germany
Quality - Made in Solingen / Germany
Wusthof Knives Classic Utility knife - 4066 / 12 cm (4 ½") Features:
- The most versatile of all parers: for mincing shallots, onions and herbs as well as cleaning and cutting vegetables.
- Quality - Made in Solingen / Germany
A little About Wusthof Classic Wusthof Knives:
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife is high carbon/stain resistant alloy for edge retention and resharpening
- The Wusthof Knife blade is precisely tapered from bolster to tip and from back to edge
- The edge of the Wusthof Knife blades are skillfully honed by hand and are incredibly sharp.
- Wusthof Classic Knife is Laser tested to perfection, long-lasting and easily resharpened
- The bolster/finger guard is Wusthof's "signature" feature; it accounts for the heft, or solid balanced feel that one gets from the Wusthof Knife
- The handle - tang assembly is seamless and totally hygienic; the handles are durable Hostaform-C handles, triple riveted to the fully visible tang of the Classic series
- Wusthof Classic Knife has forged knives with ergonomic handles.
- Stainless steel 50 0,5 % carbon- the carbon content is significant for the sharpness
- Chromium for stain-resistant properties
- Molybdenum enhances the stain-resistant properties
- Vanadium for hardness and edge retention of this Wusthof Classic Knife
- Contents of chromium % (15%)
- The steel of this Wusthof Classic Knife are all made of a special steel alloy. X50 Cr MoV 15 - a special alloy for superb knives
The edge of the Wusthof Classic Knife is the business end of a knife. It is skilfully honed by hand and incredibly sharp. For different cutting tasks different blade shapes and edges are recommended.
Wusthof Classic Knife Blades
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the straight edge
The straight edge allows a smooth and clean cut. When carving no fibres are torn out of the meat. This edge can be used for firm and soft food like meat, vegetables and fruit.
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the serrated edge
The wavy or serrated edge allows an easy cut through crusty food like a traditional roast and crispy bread.
The Wusthof Classic Knife blade with the hollow edge
When cutting an air pocket is created between the hollow edge and the slice. This prevents the food from sticking to the blade and allows for finer slices.
Looking For Other Wusthof Knives or Knife Sets? Click Here
Questions on Wusthof Knives Classic Utility Knife - 4066 / 12 cm (4")
- From M Gillen at 12/8/16 1:53 PM
- Will the Wusthof come with a protective case to keep it from touching other knives or silverware once purchased? I ask because the person I am buying it for does not have a butcher block or separate space to keep it, though she loves to use this knife when at my house. Thank you.
We appreciate you reaching out to us with your inquiry! What a great gift to give! Wusthof is definitely a wonderful line of knives to purchase from! The Wusthof Knives Classic Utility Knife-4066/12 cm (4") only comes in it's original packing box that we receive from the manufacturer. I can only advise that the knife can be kept in the box that it comes in to place separately from other knives.
Hope this helps! Enjoy your day!
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- From M Gillen at 12/8/16 1:53 PM
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
- Additional Information
Name Wusthof Knives Classic Utility Knife - 4066 / 12 cm (4") GTIIN / UPC Code 4002293406633 Brands Wusthof Cutlery Product Line Classic Type Utility Knives Options Forged Home or Commercial Home Material Stainless Steel Color Black & Stainless, Black, Silver Size 4.5" Manufacturer's Warranty Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty Country of Manufacture Germany Weight (in Lbs) 1.0000