You have no items in your shopping cart.
Frieling Mortar and Pestles
Frieling Granite Mortar and Pestle, 5 Inches Tall - Goliath
Item #: C420128
Frieling Goliath Granite Mortar and Pestle
This beautiful old-world Granite Mortar and Pestle by Frieling is cut from a single solid piece of natural granite. Combine, grind, crush, or mix herbs and spices with this Frieling Granite Mortar and Pestle. Perfect for crushing cinnamon or cardamom for Arabic coffees and Indian curries. Take your cuisine a step further by adding the most freshly ground herbs and spices available with this "Goliath" Granite Mortar and Pestle.
"Goliath" Granite Mortar and Pestle by Frieling Features:
- Solid Granite
- Mix or Crush Herbs and Spices
- "Goliath" size (5 Inches Tall)
- See "David" size by clicking here
Cooks Illustrated picked this Frieling Goliath Granite Mortar and Pestle as their winner for January of 2012!
Frieling Goliath Mortar and Pestle Set - WINNER
Imusa MEXI-2008 Lava Rock Molcajete with Gift Box
Vasconia 4-Cup Molcajete, Granite
"We prefer mortars that hold at least 3 cups, have a rough interior to help grip and grind ingredients, and come with a long, heavy pestle that keeps knuckles from scraping the mortar’s edge. Three models seemed to fit the bill: Two were made of granite and the third of volcanic rock. To test whether these tools could not only pulverize ingredients but also keep them contained at the same time, we tried crushing 1 tablespoon of toasted rice, then a tablespoon of whole peppercorns, and finally a tablespoon of dry tapioca to the consistency of cornmeal in each vessel. The wide, low bowl of a granite model from Vasconia had us chasing ingredients around the kitchen. And we found that while a moderately rough surface is good, the cavities of the craggy volcanic rock mortar from Imusa were so large that they trapped food particles. Plus, this tool required a 24-hour seasoning process with garlic paste. We got great results from our winner right out of the box. The Frieling Goliath Mortar and Pestle was heavy and stable, with tall, narrow walls that didn’t let ingredients escape and a comfortable, heavy pestle that made easy work of any pounding task."
Questions on Frieling Granite Mortar and Pestle, 5 Inches Tall - Goliath
- From at 1/17/13 6:41 AM
- I am a little confused. I have the Cilio "Goliath" mortar and pestle set, which I also find on the Frieling site. However, I'm unclear if the "Frieling" and "Cilio" are the same. The Americans Test Kitchen review talks about a 3 cup capacity, but what I have only holds about 2. Are they the same? Did I get a "David" in a "Goliath" box?
- Frieling and cilio are the same. Cilio is the brand name and Frieling is the exclusive distributor for all cilio items. Goliath is 5” tall with an inner diameter of approx 5¼” and depth of 3”. David is 3.5” tall.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From at 4/30/12 8:36 AM
- From GreenVen at 8/25/13 10:42 PM
Ask Your Own Question
- From at 1/17/13 6:41 AM
Fantastic! Review by Guest
Login to add review
Buy this product to add review
- Additional Information
Name Frieling Granite Mortar and Pestle, 5 Inches Tall - Goliath Type Spice Grinders Options Mortar and Pestles Material Granite Color Gray Brands Frieling Home or Commercial Home Function Manual Weight (in Lbs) 13.0000