You have no items in your shopping cart.
Fresh Prep Food Slicer & Shredder Attachment for All KitchenAid Stand Mixers
Dice up all of your food preparation in record time with KitchenAid's Fresh Prep Slicer and Shredder Attachment! These slicer and shredder attachments are compatible with all KitchenAid Stand Mixers. Simply attach the slicer or shredder to the hub of your stand mixers, and let the motor do the work! Using the slicer and shredder attachments gives you a free hand so you can multi-task around the kitchen, and they dice each piece of produce to prevent waste. Whether your recipe calls for high-quality cheese or perfectly thinned potatoes and cucumbers, KitchenAid's Fresh Prep Slicer and Shredder Attachment will have your gourmet dish ready to go in no time!
- Includes a One Year KitchenAid Warranty
- Comes with 3 interchangeable blades
- For thin-sliced vegetables, shredded cheese, and more
- Blades are dishwasher safe. Body can be hand washed
- Made with durable stainless steel
- Includes storage case
- Item # KSMVSA
Hasselback Potato Gratin Recipe
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 ounce Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (more for garnish, if desired)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 to 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped (more for garnish, if desired)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 1/2 to 5 pounds Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick using a mandolin slicer
- 1/2 large yam, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick using a mandolin slicer
Use your KitchenAid Fresh Prep Slicer & Shredder to quickly prepare thin potato slices and shredded cheese.
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Using a mixing bowl, mix together the grated cheeses, heavy cream, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and add in the potato slices, a handful at a time, and toss together so that the potatoes become lightly coated with the cream mixture.
As you finish coating each handful of potatoes, place into a separate dish until all of the potatoes and yams have gone through the heavy cream mixture.
Grease a 3.5 Quart Casserole Dish with butter. Pick up a handful of potatoes at a time, organizing them into a nice, even stack and lay them in the Casserole Dish with their edges aligned vertically. Continue placing potatoes in the dish, working around the perimeter and into the center until all the potatoes have been added.
I also place yam slices in between the potatoes. Place yam slices in between the potato stacks in whatever pattern you choose.
The potatoes should be very tightly packed. If you need to, slice an additional potato, coat lightly with the cream mixture and add to the casserole.
Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 45 minutes or until golden brown and crisp on top. Carefully remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes. Serve immediately.
|Description Author||Sierra W|
|Name||KitchenAid Fresh Prep Slicer and Shredder Attachment (Fits All KitchenAid Stand Mixers)|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||883049439570|
|Type||Stand Mixer Attachments|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||China|
|Weight (in Lbs)||3|