You have no items in your shopping cart.
Cherry Rectangular Dish & Serving Platter Lid - by Le Creuset
Bring your mouth-watering roasts or tasty snack sticks straight from the oven to the table top with Le Creuset's Cherry Red Baking Dish and Platter! These dishes are designed with stoneware, which is impervious to liquids and ideal for recipes that require juices or sauce. The wide handles provide an easy grip for carrying and the steep slopes keep the food from sploshing onto the floor.
Le Creuset's stoneware features a stunning glaze to protect the material further. The glaze is resistant to scratches, chips, rippling, or warping due to wear and heat, making this a lifetime accessory that can be passed down for generations or given as a home-warming gift. Le Creuset's Rectangular Dish and Serving Platter is perfect for family dinners or parties.
Le Creuset Rectangular Dish w/ Platter Lid (Cherry) Features:
- Platter functions as lid or bakes separately
- Colorful glaze resists staining and warping
- Ideal for oven or microwave use
- Sloped ridges contain food while baking or serving
- Dense stoneware blocks moisture absorption to prevent cracking, crazing, or rippling
- Impermeable exterior enamel resists stains and scratches from metal utensils
- Nearly nonstick glazed interior easily releases foods for quick cleanup
- Dishwasher safe. Hand-washing recommended
- Platter dimensions: 9" X 13"
- Baking dish capacity: 2.75 Quarts
- Item # : PG2015-1367
PORK AND MUSHROOM PIE
Created for Le Creuset's Baking Dishes
**NOTE. Minor differences in featured baking dish, such as handle design
Recipe provided by A Brown Table
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to grease the baking dish
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus 1 sprig for garnish
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, halved
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt, divided
- 3 pounds ground pork
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and cubed
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Wash and peel the potatoes. Put them in a large stockpot and cover with at least an inch of cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and allow to cool to room temperature.
In a large saucepan set over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onions and saute 5 minutes, or until slightly translucent. Add the thyme and garlic, and stir for 40 seconds until fragrant.
Add the mushrooms to the pan and saute 2 minutes. Add the garam masala and cook an additional minute, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
Lightly whisk the egg and milk until combined, then add to the mushroom mixture. Stir in the hot sauce, cayenne pepper, black pepper and half of the sea salt. Fold in the pork until evenly combined.
Lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil. Transfer the pork mixture to the baking dish, and level with a spatula or small spoon.
To prepare the top level, roughly dice the cooled potatoes. Mash them with a potato ricer or masher until there are no lumps. Stir in the egg yolks, remaining salt, white pepper and butter until smooth. Spread this mixture over the pork in a smooth, even layer. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the top.
Place on a middle rack in the oven and bake at least 1 hour. The crust will be golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with the thyme sprig.
|Description Author||Sierra W|
|Name||Le Creuset Rectangular Dish w/ Platter Lid (Cherry)|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||630870181389|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||5 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||China|
|Weight (in Lbs)||12.12|