You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shun Kanso 12-Inch Hollow Ground Brisket Knife
Make quick work of slicing brisket or a ham thanks to Shun’s Kanso Hollow-Ground 12” Brisket Knife. The long, narrow blade makes it easy to slice large cuts of meat in a single pass—so more of the juices and flavor stay inside. Since the blade is razor sharp, the slices will look beautiful, too, since there’s no need to saw back and forth. Hollow-ground indentations on the blade help food release more easily and the rounded tip makes this very long knife safer and easier to use. Included is a wooden saya, or sheath, to protect the blade and make it easy to store and transport.
This 12” Brisket Knife is part of the Shun Kanso series. Named after a design principle based on Zen philosophy, Kanso means, “simplicity”, a principle achieved by eliminating the non-essential. For the Kanso collection, Shun took away anything that doesn’t matter and kept everything that does: high-performance steel, a razor-sharp edge, perfect balance, and precision cutting control. The steel is Japanese AUS10A, a highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and keeps it longer. The rustic Heritage finish hides scratches and improves with age. The Tagayasan (“iron sword wood”) is dense, durable, and beautiful. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all of Shun’s knives, this Kanso Brisket Knife is sharpened to a 16° cutting angle on each side to cut cleanly. Use this handcrafted knife to slice a large ham for Easter dinner, to carve a large roast, or transport it to a barbeque to slice a brisket.
Kanso Hollow-Ground 12” Brisket Knife by Shun Details:
- Long, narrow blade makes it easy to slice large cuts of meat
- Rounded tip makes it safer and easier to use
- Blade made of Japanese AUS10A – highly-refined, high-carbon, vanadium steel
- Hand-sharpened 16° cutting edge is extremely sharp, yet lasts a long time
- Hollow-ground indentation help food release from blade
- Heritage finish – gives blade a rustic look, hides scratches, and improves with age
- Handle is contoured Tagayasan
- Knife completely handcrafted in Japan
- Includes traditional Japanese saya, or sheath (made in China)
- 60 Rockwell rating
- Dimensions: 12" blade | 17.5" total length
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Item #: SWT0778
Looking for more Shun products? Click here.
|Description Author||Abby M|
|Name||Shun Kanso Hollow Ground 12-Inch Brisket Knife|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||4901601006810|
|Material||High Carbon Stainless Steel|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||Japan|
|Weight (in Lbs)||0.63|