You have no items in your shopping cart.
New England Colorless Cheese Wax
Age and protect your prized homemade cheeses with The New England Cheesemaking Supply Colorless Cheese Wax. One pound of this colorless cheese wax can cover 12-20 cheeses. The use of this colorless wax helps to prevent unwanted mold growth on your cheese while also retaining moisture in the cheese aging process. Before waxing the cheese you want to let it air dry for 2-3 days first and clean the cheese. Apply Colorless Cheese Wax in two thin coats and turn the cheese over once a week to help prevent any moisture settling.
*Brush On Directions: It is safest to melt wax in a double boiler so that it is not subject to direct flame. Never leave melting wax unattended. Wax can explode at high temperatures. Heat wax to 210ºF. Wax can be brushed onto a dried and chilled cheese with a natural bristle brush. Two thin coats are preferable to one thick coat. Be sure to fill up any air spaces as mold needs air to grow.
New England CheeseMaking Cheese Wax Features:
- 1 pound of Colorless Cheese Wax
- Used for cheese aging
- One pound will wax approximately 12-20 cheeses when brushed on
- Two thin coats are preferable to one thick coat
- If dipping method is used you will need at least a 5 pounds of wax
- Helps prevent unwanted mold growth while retaining moisture in the aging cheese
- Store in cool place, away from any high heat
- Cheese Wax will keep indefinitely
- Turn over at least once a week to prevent problems
- Air dry your cheese for 2-3 days prior to waxing
- Contains a formulation of paraffin and microcrystalline wax, food grade coloring
- Wax can be peeled off and strained through muslin to be reused over and over again
|Name||New England CheeseMaking Supplies - Colorless Cheese Wax|
|Type||Cheese Making Supplies|
|Brands||New England Cheesemaking|
|Home or Commercial||Home|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Weight (in Lbs)||6|