You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shun Knives Premier Series Cutlery - 6 Inch Ultimate Utility Knife
Shun Knives Premiere Series Cutlery is inspired by Japan's ancient hand-forged knives and swords. Created in classic methods and formed out of cutting edge materials, individual blade work is produced for all that insist on superior tools for the kitchen. Hand-crafted and unique, each Shun knife goes through more than 100 processing steps before it reaches completion. Anyone that owns a piece of Shun Cutlery benefits from Japanese traditional craftsmanship that can elevate food preparation to a combination of bliss and satisfaction.
Several historic Japanese sword and knife making techniques are rolled together as a unified whole, and then used on the finest materials available today. Art, design, tradition, and technology is the expression of Shun Knives Premier Series Cutlery. The core and blade edge are composed of proprietary VG-MAX "super steel." This core possesses great hardness which will accept and hold a long-lasting, sharp edge. The steel core is then clad with 34 layers of Damascus steel for added support, and extra stain-resistance with shatter-proofing qualities. This particular type of Damascus steel possesses beautiful waves that will seem to move while you work. Damascus steel layers notably create smoother slicing actions. A hammered tsuchime finish is also placed on the softer spine to reduce drag, like hollow-ground cavities, for non-stick qualities. This treatment also gives the Shun Knives Premier Series Cutlery an added hand-forged, ancient appearance. The knife blade is submitted to a final tempering process that produces a lovely, undulating hamon line. Each hamon line is different and unique. It is the visible proof that an artisan worked with effort and great skill to produce the finest blade possible. The clay-baking method of final tempering brings out the strength, hardness, flexibility, resilience, and artistic qualities of each knife blade. Those that appreciate fine blades will love Shun Knives Premier Series Cutlery for all that they are, and can do in the kitchen.
This unusual looking, multi-function Shun Cutlery Premier Ultimate Utility Knife will deeply please you while you work. It is highly useful for a multitude of tasks. Low-frequency, "serrated" scallops run the length of the super sharp edge. This design will slice tender, delicate skinned fruits and vegetables with ease. The Ultimate utility knife simply glides through sandwiches, hot or cold, without shredding. A wide blade combines with a rounded tip for spreading mayo, butter, or other spreads on bread. You will be amazed how helpful this utility knife is with all sorts of chopping and slicing. A contoured walnut PakkaWood composite handle is engineered to fit perfectly in the hand, while providing water-resistant durability. The utility knife has an embossed handle end cap for added balance and elegance. Gift yourself or gift someone special with Shun Knives. The time is exactly perfect to bring home this Ultimate 6 Inch Shun Cutlery Premier Utility Knife. You will be elated by the functional performance and ancient artistry of Shun.
Shun Cutlery Premier Series Knives - 6 Inch Ultimate Utility Knife Features:
- Inspired by hand-forged knives of ancient Japan
- Hand-crafted, individual, unique Shun Knives Premier Cutlery
- Antique appearance purposeful and resulting from combined blade making methods
- Each chef's knife blade processed with over 100 steps before completion
- Advanced materials with traditional methods
- Shun Knives Premier Cutlery with cutting core of proprietary VG-MAX “super steel”
- Extremely hard core steel takes and holds precision edges
- 34 layers Damascus cladding to support steel core and provide extra stain resistance
- Hammered tsuchime finish to reduce drag, like hollow-ground cavities, for non-stick qualities
- Premier chef's knife with undulating wave, graceful tempering hamon line
- Clay-baking technique for final tempering of Shun Knives Premier Cutlery
- Contoured walnut PakkaWood® handle construction
- Pakkawood composite of wood and plastic for food-safety, durability, water-resistance
- Handles nestle comfortably in hand
- Embossed handle end cap for beauty and added Santoku knife balance
- Ancient sword hamon lines maintained, and individual to each blade
- Lovely, graceful tempered hamon lines, a visual mark of fine blade smith work
- Every blade hand-sharpened 16 degree cutting angle on each side, or comprehensive 32 degree double bevel
- Unusual looking, but highly useful Ultimate utility knife
- Low-frequency serrated scallops on edge for slicing delicate thin-skinned fruits or vegetables
- Ultimate utility knife excellent for any slicing or chopping work
- Perfect for segmenting sandwiches either cold or cooked
- Utility knife glides through food, does not shred
- Wide blade and rounded tip for spreading mayonnaise, butter, or other spreads on bread
- Multi-function utility knife
- Shun Knives made in Japan
- Free lifetime sharpening through manufacturer for original owner
- Limited lifetime warranty from Shun Knives
"Shun" is the exact moment of time when a specific food is at its peak of maturity and ripeness. Shun Cutlery takes its name from this precise time combined with the Japanese tradition of preparing and eating foods at the height of excellence and freshness. Founded and located in Seki City, Japan, Shun Cutlery continues the blade-making heritage of ancient artisans to produce knives of exceptional beauty and quality. Hand-crafted from start to finish, highly skilled specialists make each knife using advanced technologies and materials paired with the traditional technique of Japanese sword makers employing over 100 steps.
|Description Author||Alecia K|
|Name||Shun Cutlery Premier Utility Knife - Ultimate 6 Inch|
|GTIIN / UPC Code||04901601371116|
|Material||Steel & Pakkawood|
|Country of Manufacture||Japan|
|Weight (in Lbs)||0.54|